Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Snapchat A Titty posted:

It should be misotranssomething though, not "transmisogynist" which I assume means osmething like having passed beyond mere misogyny, potentially into some deeper misogyny

oh wait i guess it does make sense that way

i call this super misogyny 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme_hack

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

meme hack the memeplex

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Spinal Tap present; not worthless.

also, stonehenge is awesome and if i could have one i would :allears:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Improbable Lobster posted:

i call this super misogyny 2

you havent even seen the final form of my misogyny

*hates people born of female mothers*

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
if conservatives had half a brain they'd be acknowledging and accepting trans ppl as proof of :biotruths:

meanwhile the leftiest libs are the ones arguing that there are fundamental psychological differences between men and women that have nothing to do with genitals, hormones, or social conditioning

imagine mike huckabee explaining how those uppity intellectual women were all really (trans)men, and if god wanted cis-women to do STEMs or have casual sex he would have given them male brains :smugdog:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

prefect posted:

me too i really wanna go and see it. i was in a passage tomb with my dad when i was a child and it was so amazing.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

if conservatives had half a brain they'd be acknowledging and accepting trans ppl as proof of :biotruths:

meanwhile the leftiest libs are the ones arguing that there are fundamental psychological differences between men and women that have nothing to do with genitals, hormones, or social conditioning

imagine mike huckabee explaining how those uppity intellectual women were all really (trans)men, and if god wanted cis-women to do STEMs or have casual sex he would have given them male brains :smugdog:

source yr quotes

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
im gay

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Snapchat A Titty posted:

you havent even seen the final form of my misogyny

*hates people born of female mothers*

yeah, gently caress those useless people, couldn't even handle one scottish usurper

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

the dude who owned the land stonehenge is on tried to sell it in the nineteenth century for some ridiculously tiny amount and nobody took him up on it, so he was going to just pull it down because he was sick of tourists but got talked out of it by those druid weirdos

then the army thought about using it as a bombing target

eventually a local guy bought it and gave it to the country because there was a rumour the astors wanted to take it to america

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

haveblue posted:

yeah, gently caress those useless people, couldn't even handle one scottish usurper

i assume that is a reference to some legendary king being born of a tree or a mountain but i dont know that one sorry :(

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

the dude who owned the land stonehenge is on tried to sell it in the nineteenth century for some ridiculously tiny amount and nobody took him up on it, so he was going to just pull it down because he was sick of tourists but got talked out of it by those druid weirdos

eventually a local guy bought it and gave it to the country because there was a rumour the astors wanted to take it to america

wish they had

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

its nuts that it was so close to being lost. even in the early 20th century commercial farmers would still occasionally flatten burial mounds in denmark.

also try reading about venus de milo, nobody knows where the arms are but most are pretty sure they were with the statue when it was found. also it was sold back and forth and one of the guys was executed and a ship sank.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Snapchat A Titty posted:

i assume that is a reference to some legendary king being born of a tree or a mountain but i dont know that one sorry :(
Macbeth, actually, lines 8 and 9 here. "Fear not, Macbeth. No man that’s born of woman / Shall e'er have power upon thee." Macduff, having been from his mother's womb untimely ripped, is able to slay the usurper Macbeth.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Snapchat A Titty posted:

no they were just referencing this hack playwright who thought it was clever to say that someone was born by Cesarean method was "a man who was not born of a woman" to add some dramatic irony to his tragedy story

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 5, 2015

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
oh like lord of the rings "no man shall ever" whatever

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

A full-scale replica in sandstone was commenced in the rural township of Buckland in Tasmania in the first years of the 21st century (https://www.flickr.com/photos/ron-alenka/284418892/) but demolished by order of the municipal authorities. In keeping with the original Stonehenge, it did not have the necessary planning approval from the local council.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Snapchat A Titty posted:

its nuts that it was so close to being lost. even in the early 20th century commercial farmers would still occasionally flatten burial mounds in denmark.

also try reading about venus de milo, nobody knows where the arms are but most are pretty sure they were with the statue when it was found. also it was sold back and forth and one of the guys was executed and a ship sank.

ahmwife is an ex archeologist and did some work in britain and mentioned when you have a couple thousand years of history strewn about below what little land you have people tend to stop giving a gently caress about the constant stream of artifacts

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Snapchat A Titty posted:

oh like lord of the rings "no man shall ever" whatever

it's from shakespeare :ssh:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

ahmeni posted:

ahmwife is an ex archeologist and did some work in britain and mentioned when you have a couple thousand years of history strewn about below what little land you have people tend to stop giving a gently caress about the constant stream of artifacts

i dunno what the rules are in britain, but in denmark youre by law required to stop any construction if there are signs of whatever below the surface. so usually they do sample drills and what now. my dad and i was clearing out the yard in front of my grandparents house to make a parking spot, and we found boulders in a pattern. so we called up the local archeologist and he came out to check it out. he was very impressed with how carefully we had uncovered it. it was the foundation of a house from circa 1500 (also you could tell where the firepalce had been & stuff). we also found several shards of a glazed frieze that'd been on a fireplace probably in 1540-ish. they all came together like a puzzle, pretty cool.

anyway there are a lot of amateurs running around with metal detectors and they keep finding gold treasures. mostly theyre dated around i think 5-600 AD which appears to have been a pretty intense time in denmark. theres a lot of circumstantial evidence that points to some kind of violent upheaval, but no written sources. so presumably rich people were hiding gold everywhere at the time and then got killed. anyway those dudes get some percentage of its worth and a lot of fame. seems to work out pretty well. of course i dont know about the treasures that are never reported.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
There was a lot of humour in this comic, although it was full of cynicism. Because of the financial weaknesses of Nickel issues had to be released every 8 months at first, with Requiem's successes more time was given to the artists to work. About one edition was released a year. A total of 15 issues were expected, but only 11 were completed.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Snapchat A Titty posted:

i dunno what the rules are in britain, but in denmark youre by law required to stop any construction if there are signs of whatever below the surface. so usually they do sample drills and what now. my dad and i was clearing out the yard in front of my grandparents house to make a parking spot, and we found boulders in a pattern. so we called up the local archeologist and he came out to check it out. he was very impressed with how carefully we had uncovered it. it was the foundation of a house from circa 1500 (also you could tell where the firepalce had been & stuff). we also found several shards of a glazed frieze that'd been on a fireplace probably in 1540-ish. they all came together like a puzzle, pretty cool.

anyway there are a lot of amateurs running around with metal detectors and they keep finding gold treasures. mostly theyre dated around i think 5-600 AD which appears to have been a pretty intense time in denmark. theres a lot of circumstantial evidence that points to some kind of violent upheaval, but no written sources. so presumably rich people were hiding gold everywhere at the time and then got killed. anyway those dudes get some percentage of its worth and a lot of fame. seems to work out pretty well. of course i dont know about the treasures that are never reported.

it varies across the country but in the centre of london you have to have an archaeologist on-staff before you even put a shovel in the ground - they pretty much have to add a year into the timescale for any major construction projects because there's just so much stuff. they found a big plague pit while digging crossrail and a bunch of roman stuff they didn't even suspect was there when they started digging the foundation for the new extensions to barts hospital

the main reason for this policy is that someone from the museum of london happened to find evidence of a massive roman villa in the spoil from the foundations for the new museum of london in the seventies - they probably destroyed one of the larger mosaic floors every built outside of italy

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Yeah thinking about it, they did have archaeologists on staff when digging for the metro in Copenhagen. Out in the provinces you can just start digging until you hit a thing that looks important.

For a while there was some right-wing moaning about the builders having to lay money out for the archaeologists, but I guess they've forgotten about it, I haven't heard that complaint since the 90s.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
A major contribution of Toei's style to modern anime was the development of the "money shot".

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Yeah thinking about it, they did have archaeologists on staff when digging for the metro in Copenhagen. Out in the provinces you can just start digging until you hit a thing that looks important.

For a while there was some right-wing moaning about the builders having to lay money out for the archaeologists, but I guess they've forgotten about it, I haven't heard that complaint since the 90s.

if it was important the free market would take care of it

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
it's weird how conservatives are never interested in conservation

like I'd have expected nordic right-wingers to be totally up with anything to do with preserving artefacts of glorious viking culture or whatever

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Soricidus posted:

like I'd have expected nordic right-wingers to be totally up with anything to do with preserving artefacts of glorious viking culture or whatever

it's okay though because conservationists are usually pretty conservative

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

goddamnedtwisto posted:

it varies across the country but in the centre of london you have to have an archaeologist on-staff before you even put a shovel in the ground - they pretty much have to add a year into the timescale for any major construction projects because there's just so much stuff. they found a big plague pit while digging crossrail and a bunch of roman stuff they didn't even suspect was there when they started digging the foundation for the new extensions to barts hospital

the main reason for this policy is that someone from the museum of london happened to find evidence of a massive roman villa in the spoil from the foundations for the new museum of london in the seventies - they probably destroyed one of the larger mosaic floors every built outside of italy

richard the third was found underneath a goddamn parking lot

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Soricidus posted:

they sure love talking about it but no way they give an actual poo poo

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Snapchat A Titty posted:

they sure love talking about it but no way they give an actual poo poo
"conservative" is a conveniently socially-acceptable label for when you don't give a poo poo about anything but yourself, not even your own alleged "principles"

which is not to say that everyone who considers themselves right-wing is a case of that but lmao if there isn't an easier context for unrepentant scumbags to spin their self-devotion as service to some discernible ideal

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

duTrieux. posted:

richard the third was found underneath a goddamn parking lot

the other reason you have to be super careful about putting a shovel in the ground in london (well most european cities):

250-kg unexploded luftwaffe bomb found just round the corner from my office a couple of weeks ago.

when i was a kid and they were redeveloping the docks in the 80s they were finding them almost every week. the worst ones were the v2s because their fuses were terrible and the first 100 or so had something like a 50% failure rate - but two tons of stuff falling at mach six still leaves a pretty big loving hole, and because they didn't fully appreciate what was happening they just bulldozed the crater and built over it. 40 years later some poor navvy thinks to himself "huh, what's this big metal thing?" when his jcb shovel hits it and everyone gets to go sleep in the school for a week. well apart from the one time they found one under my school's playground.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

lol

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

not to laugh at death being a spadefull away, but lol

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

future archaeology is going to be completely bonkers

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Soricidus posted:

american conservatives used to be pro conservation actually, the conservation movement was started by people like teddy roosevelt

but lol what pussies right? FREE MARKET BIOTCH

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

duTrieux. posted:

future archaeology is going to be completely bonkers

with any luck humanity will finally overcome all pride in itself and all history books and publications will reduce to this: "they were shitheads. some real fuckers."

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
future archaeologists are going to be baffled by how many beanie babies they dig up

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Trig Discipline posted:

future archaeologists are going to be baffled by how many beanie babies they dig up

also actual babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
also all kinds of electronic devices without power cables