Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AbsentMindedWelder
Mar 26, 2003

It must be the fumes.
That's a loving nice house. It's cool to see it go from a hole in the ground to a whole house... eh? :razz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbsentMindedWelder
Mar 26, 2003

It must be the fumes.

Slung Blade posted:

Total cost will be somewhere around $470-485k Canadian.
You do realize, that the garage you're going to be building, and the tooling inside of it, will outclass that number by several times, right? :gonk:

George Carlin's rule of stuff, will apply!

(Hint: Build the biggest drat garage you possibly can!)

AbsentMindedWelder
Mar 26, 2003

It must be the fumes.
Also, what would happen when it comes time to replace the flooring in the future for whatever reason? You'd have to rip out the cabinets to do it (properly) if you had flooring under them.

AbsentMindedWelder
Mar 26, 2003

It must be the fumes.
We all know "Den" or "Office" is just a nice synonym for dungeon. :black101: :quagmire:

AbsentMindedWelder
Mar 26, 2003

It must be the fumes.
It's possible there could be another use for the vacuum outlet too. :quagmire:

I wouldn't know as I've never seen one in person.

AbsentMindedWelder
Mar 26, 2003

It must be the fumes.
I've heard of these before in the USA, so it's not strictly a Canadian thing.

One thing I'm curious about is the cost of the filters/bags. I would imagine in the long run it's cheaper then other solutions.

I would also hazard a guess and say that those things probably have a helluva lot more suction power then a typically vacuum.

AbsentMindedWelder
Mar 26, 2003

It must be the fumes.
I want to put a 130 foot tall insulated tower which is a 1/4 wavelength on the 160 meter ham radio band in your back yard. Actually, I want to put up four of these towers and make a phased array.

We could use your tractor to plow up a couple feet of earth to lay the ground radials too!

I'm sure we could get the guys in the electronics thread to wind us up a good austin transfromer to power the air-craft warning lights.

AbsentMindedWelder fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 4, 2011

AbsentMindedWelder
Mar 26, 2003

It must be the fumes.
I don't remember the exact reasons why, but my Pop-Pop would always plant rye in his garden whenever it was not in use for growing vegetables. That's a trick he brought back with him from the farm.

AbsentMindedWelder
Mar 26, 2003

It must be the fumes.
That's a pretty awesome hooptie you got there.

Edit: I'm trusting you won't be electrifying that... although I'm sure it could handle the weight of the battery bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbsentMindedWelder
Mar 26, 2003

It must be the fumes.
The interior and engine match the tractor!

That is a great car you got there. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and have no problems getting it to run and look like it came off a show room floor.