Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boll
Dec 29, 2005

Not that Boll
Awesome thread!

Coming from a country where people live in brick houses only, I have always found the plywood/drywall combination a bit weird. How do you manage insulation?

In my house there's a outer brick wall made of regular brick clay and an inner wall made of a special kind of clay ("moler", 30% clay / 70 % diatoms). These bricks reduce the amount of heat lost because of the reduced heat transfer efficiency of diatoms versus clay. Between these two walls there's a space filled with Rockwool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boll
Dec 29, 2005

Not that Boll
Ahh, missed the fibreglass in that picture. Thanks for clarifying it for me. I guess I should had figured that all the empty spaces in the woodframes would be filled with something. :)

Boll
Dec 29, 2005

Not that Boll

Parachute posted:

Here's me posting in your thread hoping you will post some June updates!

drat you! Here I thought there would be a post with pictures :argh: