Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IratelyBlank
Dec 2, 2004
The only easy day was yesterday
I have a question about a speeding ticket in Florida. I hear about these people: http://www.theticketclinic.com/ pretty often but I don't know what it is exactly they do. Am I basically hiring an attorney and they show up to court for me and keep appealing it if I lose?

Along those lines, is this something I can do myself? If you have a court date, is it a guarantee you will see a judge that day or could it go either way? I could take a single day off of work to handle this but any more than that becomes unreasonable and a waste of leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IratelyBlank
Dec 2, 2004
I live in Florida and I was hit by an uninsured driver last Friday. At the time, I didn't know he was uninsured because he gave me his license and insurance card and I took pictures of both, but when I said I was calling the police to get a report he said he needed to leave and just took off. I flagged down a cop that happened to be driving by after he left and she said that I wouldn't need a police report and that I should just call the insurance companies and have them deal with it. I called his insurance company and it turns out he cancelled his policy last year and hasn't been returning calls from anyone. I also looked him up on the clerk of courts and on the DMV and his license is suspended and he has over 30 cases with the court, about 1/3 of them being domestic violence and the rest being DUI/driving on a suspended license and other traffic violations.

I called a lawyer today and he said that my best bet is just suing this guy in small claims court for the cost of the repairs since I won't need to pay for attorney's fees if I go this route. Is this accurate? Should I call the sheriff's office back up and let them know what happened again? I feel like not getting a police report the first time is really going to hinder me when I try to sue this guy since there is no official document saying what happened and all I have is a broken car and pictures of his documents on my phone. I also called my insurance company and they said they won't cover the costs because I don't have collision coverage (which I was unaware of and fixed), so they can't help me out. The car is drivable and the damage is mostly just to my trunk but I don't really want to just let this go.

IratelyBlank
Dec 2, 2004

IratelyBlank posted:

I live in Florida and I was hit by an uninsured driver last Friday. At the time, I didn't know he was uninsured because he gave me his license and insurance card and I took pictures of both, but when I said I was calling the police to get a report he said he needed to leave and just took off. I flagged down a cop that happened to be driving by after he left and she said that I wouldn't need a police report and that I should just call the insurance companies and have them deal with it. I called his insurance company and it turns out he cancelled his policy last year and hasn't been returning calls from anyone. I also looked him up on the clerk of courts and on the DMV and his license is suspended and he has over 30 cases with the court, about 1/3 of them being domestic violence and the rest being DUI/driving on a suspended license and other traffic violations.

I called a lawyer today and he said that my best bet is just suing this guy in small claims court for the cost of the repairs since I won't need to pay for attorney's fees if I go this route. Is this accurate? Should I call the sheriff's office back up and let them know what happened again? I feel like not getting a police report the first time is really going to hinder me when I try to sue this guy since there is no official document saying what happened and all I have is a broken car and pictures of his documents on my phone. I also called my insurance company and they said they won't cover the costs because I don't have collision coverage (which I was unaware of and fixed), so they can't help me out. The car is drivable and the damage is mostly just to my trunk but I don't really want to just let this go.

I posted this a week or two ago. I just got hit again and it was pretty much the exact same situation at the same intersection. I was sitting at a red light and someone hit me from behind, except this time I was hit hard enough to drive me forward into the car in front of me. The guy who hit me this time has insurance and I made sure to insist we both stay until the highway patrol arrived, but the guy who I was pushed into immediately took off.

My question is, it is hard to differentiate what is new damage vs old damage since I was hit in essentially the exact same place and the guy who hit me has the same insurance as the other guy had, so I have already called them and they know that one of their (previous) members was in an accident with me. Are they going to try to deny this outright and say that all the damage was already there? What should I expect when I phone them up?

IratelyBlank
Dec 2, 2004
Is there a maximum quantity of drugs you are allowed to possess if you have all the legal prescriptions for each quantity? This is the United States.

IratelyBlank
Dec 2, 2004

nm posted:

If your doctor prescribes it you should be fine. Your doctor may not.
Are we talking like tons here or something?

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Prescriptions come with a quantity. If you have an Rx for 30 Vicodin and you get caught with 300 Vicodin you're going to have some explaining to do.

My question is if I have x different prescriptions for a certain drug that produce x bottles of the drug all with my name on them, is there a point where x goes over a legal limit even if all of the drugs are prescribed to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IratelyBlank
Dec 2, 2004

joat mon posted:

There is a nebulous point where the continued possession of drugs you've been prescribed and have refilled but have never used looks more like an intent to distribute them than to use them.
Hypothetically, what drug and what state?

Adderall and Florida. Hypothetically they aren't never used, they just aren't being used at the rate they are being refilled.