Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

Marx posted:

Badge bunnies are dangerous, keep them hocks off that box slick.

Unless she was a normal well adjusted person, in which case carry on.

they always appear normal until you get about 2 months in and then the crazy comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
dispatchers take a special pleasure in giving confusing addresses. I once got told that a call could be at two possible intersections on the same street but they were 20 miles apart. I went to the wrong intersection first.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
http://www.funny-tshirts.com/proddetail.php?prod=firesfearmefirefighter
Any volly that wears poo poo like this needs to get punched.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
How do full time departments view volly experience?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

Kashew posted:

I think it depends on where you are. I know in certain areas, volleys are seen as just firefighters from a neighboring department. In other areas, volleys are seen as underqualified, out of shape wahoos. I think the friendly view is more prevalent south of the Mason-Dixon line, whereas the unfriendly view is more prevalent north of it...east of the Mississippi, that is. I have no clue how it is in the Mid-West or West.

I was just curious cause the state I live in has maybe 5 full time departments in the entire state, the rest are volunteer. I live in the upper midwest.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
It sucks but that little piece of paper matters when it comes to emergency services. CYA is always the name of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
The county I work in has two stop lights in the entire county, and without fail every time theres a fire call (twice a year maybe) they fly through town, run the stoplight and at least one truck either gets hit or hits somebody. And the firetruck driver always gets a ticket.

• Locked thread