Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

This is the best The Bled record since Pass the Flask for suuuure. I dont hate this immediately and thats more than can be said about the last 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OdorousTobacco
Oct 17, 2005
I get the chills thinking that one day this fuckwit may be right

Spiral posted:

This is the best The Bled record since Pass the Flask for suuuure. I dont hate this immediately and thats more than can be said about the last 2.

Really? I mean, admittedly, I'm not super into hardcore, but I liked "Found in the Flood" a lot better than Pass the Flask. Then again, the production and songwriting was totally different between the two.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
Holy poo poo, Silent Drive was on Burnout 3? I always just played other music over the game. I'm not huge into Silent Drive but 4/16 was an awesome song and its good to be reminded of their existence.

Other than being reminded I'm missing Brand New play my hometown AGAIN because I'm at school, my only comments for this thread involve variations on the word "poo poo."

(I own Tell All Your Friends on vinyl and have spun it recently. You might graduate high school, but it doesn't graduate YOU)

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

OdorousTobacco posted:

Really? I mean, admittedly, I'm not super into hardcore, but I liked "Found in the Flood" a lot better than Pass the Flask. Then again, the production and songwriting was totally different between the two.

I can't even listen to Found in the Flood it just sounds watered down and lovely. Pass The Flask was awesome and this one is more along those lines than the last two.

I think the production killed those albums more than the actual songs, I loved em all live but on the album they all just sound like poo poo.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
gently caress yeah - You, Me, And Everyone We Know have posted a new song on Purevolume: http://www.purevolume.com/youmeandeveryoneweknow

Their two EPs are some of my favorite of all time - just some amazingly catchy, well-written pop-rock songs. For fans of Say Anything.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
So John Nolan (formally of Taking Back Sunday, Straylight Run) just released a song that he dedicated to Jesse Lacey about the aftermath of the feud they had back in 2001.

http://johnnolanmusic.tumblr.com/ Just scroll down a bit to the wall of text.

:3:

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Mar 4, 2010

Good Will Punting
Aug 30, 2009

And as the curtain falls
Just know you did it all except lift weights

-Atom- posted:

So John Nolan (formally of Taking Back Sunday, Straylight Run) just released a song that he dedicated to Jesse Lacey about the aftermath of the feud they had back in 2001.

This is pretty awesome. I'm enjoying it.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
I don't normally listen to this particular type of music, but a few months ago a friend told me about Framing Hanley, and I like em. I picked up their album The Moment and its pretty good i think. They are coming out with a new one in may and I'll probably pick it up also

plus they do a bitchin Lil Wayne cover:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbKYXIWq5LY

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

-Atom- posted:

This was on a victory records sampler I got back in 2004. I haven't heard it since around then and had completely forgot about it. Its a really good song.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Eight Is Legend posted:

Plus, it has the second best Fall Out Boy song ever, and I will fight you if you disagree :colbert: .

Which one's the best? Not trolling, I just have a soft spot for early Fall Out Boy.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Which one's the best? Not trolling, I just have a soft spot for early Fall Out Boy.

"Sugar, We're Goin Down" - that song gets me pumped like no other. It is stacked with, like, 28 hooks, and that's just before the chorus hits.

Good Will Punting
Aug 30, 2009

And as the curtain falls

Eight Is Legend posted:

"Sugar, We're Goin Down" - that song gets me pumped like no other. It is stacked with, like, 28 hooks, and that's just before the chorus hits.

That isn't even close to the best Fall Out Boy song.

Imo the best song they ever wrote is "The Patron Saint of Liars and Fakes", but most of that album is super solid.

Call Me Dad
Dec 21, 2008
So if I wanted to talk about Misery Signals, would I come to this thread?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Call Me Dad posted:

So if I wanted to talk about Misery Signals, would I come to this thread?

Metalcore thread.

Located here.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

Beatladdius posted:

Imo the best song they ever wrote is "The Patron Saint of Liars and Fakes", but most of that album is super solid.

I'm trying to find an older FOB song where it ends with this spoken word, really emo-sounding poem. I think there are camera clicks set to the music as well. Sorry for being so vague but do you know what I'm talking about?

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

the Bunt posted:

I'm trying to find an older FOB song where it ends with this spoken word, really emo-sounding poem. I think there are camera clicks set to the music as well. Sorry for being so vague but do you know what I'm talking about?

it was get busy living or get busy dying, off from under the cork tree

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Don't die, thread :( .

Soooo... how about that new Hawthorne Height song? Pretty mediocre, am I right? I loved Silence in Black and White, but hell, I was 16 when that came out. It's still a pretty catchy record, but man is it cringe worthy as well.

Good Will Punting
Aug 30, 2009

And as the curtain falls

Eight Is Legend posted:

Don't die, thread :( .

Soooo... how about that new Hawthorne Height song? Pretty mediocre, am I right? I loved Silence in Black and White, but hell, I was 16 when that came out. It's still a pretty catchy record, but man is it cringe worthy as well.

I was 16 as well. I too loved the album. If only I had known.

I'll be honest, there's a few songs that still get stuck in my head. Also the song "Breathing in Sequence" off the follow up to that gets stuck in my dome ALL the time.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Beatladdius posted:

I was 16 as well. I too loved the album. If only I had known.

I'll be honest, there's a few songs that still get stuck in my head. Also the song "Breathing in Sequence" off the follow up to that gets stuck in my dome ALL the time.

I thought the shift from verse to chorus in Niki FM was the most amazing thing ever.

And yeah, that's the thing - the songs are actually pretty catchy stuff. I wasn't as big a fan of the second CD, but a song like Pens and Needles was the fuckin' bomb. God, I was so excited for that CD to come out.

OdorousTobacco
Oct 17, 2005

Beatladdius posted:

Agreed.

I also wanted to add two things to this thread:

First thing-- I've been listening to All Time Low's Put Up or Shut Up EP nonstop lately and goddamn. They should've just stopped afterward, because it was so solid that nothing they've done since has been able to compare.

Second thing-- Ace Enders is bringing I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business back. I had his first CD of that when it came out, and thought it was okay, but there's a new song on the myspace that I thought was really good.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

gently caress. The Years Gone By are on some sort of indefinate hiatus thing. This really loving sucks, they were one of my favourites.

Good Will Punting
Aug 30, 2009

And as the curtain falls

Eight Is Legend posted:

I thought the shift from verse to chorus in Niki FM was the most amazing thing ever.

And yeah, that's the thing - the songs are actually pretty catchy stuff. I wasn't as big a fan of the second CD, but a song like Pens and Needles was the fuckin' bomb. God, I was so excited for that CD to come out.

Thing about Hawthorne Heights is that some of their instrumental stuff is not that bad. Maybe a little generic and overproduced or watered down, but some songs are super catchy instrumentally. The vocals just absolutely killed it for me. His voice was so terrible.

Speaking of terrible voices ruining bands: Senses Fail. First EP and "Let It Enfold You" were so killer.

OdorousTobacco
Oct 17, 2005

Beatladdius posted:

Speaking of terrible voices ruining bands: Senses Fail. First EP and "Let It Enfold You" were so killer.

Eh, Buddy was never a great singer, especially not live.

Also, what a lovely, lovely lyricist. Senses Fail is to the music in this thread what Nickelback is to people who listen to the radio.

Binya Binya
Jan 9, 2005

gullah gullah bitch
If you like Brand New you should check out The Republic of Wolves. They sound a lot like them, and the EP is awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/therepublicofwolves

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

OdorousTobacco posted:

Agreed.

I also wanted to add two things to this thread:

First thing-- I've been listening to All Time Low's Put Up or Shut Up EP nonstop lately and goddamn. They should've just stopped afterward, because it was so solid that nothing they've done since has been able to compare.

"Weightless" is an amazing song, but yeah, otherwise I agree with you.

I know we have a thread for it, but gently caress that - Four Year Strong's new record is fuckin' great. Goddamn I love those guys.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Binya Binya posted:

If you like Brand New you should check out The Republic of Wolves. They sound a lot like them, and the EP is awesome.

It was awesome back when some of their songs were posted on YouTube disguised as Brand New demos and people over at Absolutepunk.net were so excited!

OdorousTobacco
Oct 17, 2005

Binya Binya posted:

It's like everything I like about the last two Brand New albums without all the crap that I don't. A little boring at times though.

Good Will Punting
Aug 30, 2009

And as the curtain falls
John Nolan is back in Taking Back Sunday!

https://www.takingbacksunday.com

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

Beatladdius posted:

So is Shaun Cooper apparently.

What. The. gently caress?!

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Beatladdius posted:

Am I just blind or is there nothing about it on the site?

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Beatladdius posted:

Oh my god I hope this makes Matt Fazzi come back to Facing New York.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Binya Binya posted:

Seriously these are a bunch of guys that listened to Devil & God, Daisy and the Always Open Mouth by Fear Before and made music.

I dig it.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are

-Atom- posted:

Seriously these are a bunch of guys that listened to Devil & God, Daisy and the Always Open Mouth by Fear Before and made music.

I dig it.

They've been around since before Daisy. In fact this band's demos were rumored to have been Daisy demos before the album leaked last summer. They got pretty good publicity out of that since Spill and Cardinals sounded like what everyone wanted the new Brand New record to sound like. Spill is an incredibly great track. I'm convinced that His Old Branches is better than the majority of Daisy and I'm a pretty big Brand New fanboy.

Good Will Punting
Aug 30, 2009

And as the curtain falls
drat, Aaron left underOath.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Beatladdius posted:

drat, Aaron left underOath.

Never really cared for those guys, but the comments at AP.net makes it seem like this was expected. Any truth to that?

Also, "Enemy of the World" is still awesome.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Eight Is Legend posted:

Never really cared for those guys, but the comments at AP.net makes it seem like this was expected. Any truth to that?

He has a lovely side project called the Almost.

I liked Underoath, they're a fun live band but I stopped listening to new material after They're Always Chasing Safety.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

-Atom- posted:

He has a lovely side project called the Almost.

I liked Underoath, they're a fun live band but I stopped listening to new material after They're Always Chasing Safety.

I know The Almost, but why shouldn't he be able to handle both bands? Not enough time to go church on Sunday, I guess.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are

Eight Is Legend posted:

Also, "Enemy of the World" is still awesome.

Underoath has always had problems, they've gone through a poo poo load of member changes (no originals anymore) and even had some huge ones with Spencer because they almost kicked him out. A little while back when doing interviews Aaron didn't seem as ecstatic as he usually did so I guess it was pretty telling.

Underoath has been one of my favorite bands since TOCS came out and if you never listened to anything after that then you are doing yourself a great disservice. Both new albums are much heavier and better musically than that album and Aaron is really a great drummer.

I will cherish the drumstick I have from Aaron until the day I die. The band means a lot to me personally.

Good Will Punting
Aug 30, 2009

And as the curtain falls

1997 posted:

Underoath has always had problems, they've gone through a poo poo load of member changes (no originals anymore) and even had some huge ones with Spencer because they almost kicked him out. A little while back when doing interviews Aaron didn't seem as ecstatic as he usually did so I guess it was pretty telling.

Underoath has been one of my favorite bands since TOCS came out and if you never listened to anything after that then you are doing yourself a great disservice. Both new albums are much heavier and better musically than that album and Aaron is really a great drummer.

I will cherish the drumstick I have from Aaron until the day I die. The band means a lot to me personally.

Me too. They are a huge, huge part of my musical taste and were one of the first post-hardcore/whatever you call it bands I got into. TOCS is, and will always be, one of my top albums of all time. I loved Define as well. I haven't listened to Lost in the Sound enough, but enjoyed what I heard.

Aaron was one of the biggest influences for me when learning drums. He really, really knows how to fill songs out and writes some perfect parts. I'll always look at my skill at drums in two stages, and Aaron's parts helped me really transition from my stage 1 ability to my stage 2 with some of his fills and parts.

I used to intern for a music magazine. I was fortunate enough to get an interview with Aaron and Chris right around the time that Define the Great Line came out. It was one of the chillest days of my life. I got Aaron's cell number and I was so nervous when I had to call him to meet up in the lobby of a hotel in New York City. The interview went really well. I sat down with Chris and Aaron in some comfy chairs in the lobby of the hotel and just talked about music for a while. It was fantastic. I'm gonna try to dig the interview up and post it on here. It was the second interview I had ever done, but they were really chill and said I had some good questions :)

Good Will Punting fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 21, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Been listening to The Receiving End of Sirens these last couple of days... goddamn they were an awesome band. "Between the Heart and the Synapse" is probably one of my favorite records ever. Anyone else here like 'em?

• Locked thread