Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

awesome-express posted:

More news!

2012 Impreza

:ughh:

Dear Subaru,

Please go back to making ugly cars. We will love them once the next model comes out.

Love,

69sofine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

KakerMix posted:

What the hell is up with Toyota's marketing department? First they have the kids-making-fun-of-other-kids commercials with that Highlander and now selling Corollas with anime?

:psyduck:

I loving hate that kid so much. At least this time their ad only invokes confusion. That kid just pisses me off with his :smug:

Scabrous Teat posted:

Looks like Kia's really out to ape every current VAG car.

I would drive the poo poo out of the KIA T8 KOUPE :colbert:

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

eames posted:

A1 Clubsport Quattro

ugly as can be, but I think this one qualifies as a "hot hatch". 500 hp from a 2.5 twin turbo. :psyduck:
Oh and the exhaust. Heh.

I think it looks nice in a Subaru type of way. I love it.

Hot hatch indeed though. I want to hear how angry it sounds.

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.
That new BMW looks terrible. North America will LOVE it

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

travisray2004 posted:

Even Citroen and Subaru almost look like everything else out there.

It's really quite sad to see Subaru make boring looking cars now. I want ugly designs like the bugeye, blobeye, and hawkeye back. Those were great. You could never get them mixed up with another car.

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

Cream_Filling posted:

The previous gen Legacy was, in my opinion, one of the the best looking midsize sedans of its day.

The Legacy Spec B is great looking in a good way not in the Subaru way.

I would get rid of my bugeye for one in a heartbeat if I had the funds

edit:

http://www.autofans.be/galerij/bmw-1-reeks-m-pakket-eerste-fotos/bmw-1-reeks-m-pakket-eerste-fotos-7824

This is the new 1 series with some M stuff slapped on. Can't say I'm a fan but it looks better than the model without the bumper and all.

69sofine fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 7, 2011

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

Taaaaaaarb! posted:

Subaru wants to split the WRX from the Impreza, make it a 1.6L turbo flat four to conform to WRC spec AND possibly base this new car off the RWD concept... except AWD :golfclap:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/52124/subaru-wrx-could-split-from-the-impreza-line-report

Just stop making cars that look like boring crap with a giant spoiler. I don't understand the point of splitting the impreza line though.

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

kimbo305 posted:

Potential to get back into the WRC, cheaper price might mean more uptake.

It sounds like it would be more expensive from the way they're describing how it's gonna be use proprietary everything.

So is the STI going to be a part of this possible new WRX line?

If the FT-86 is going to be AWD and turbo would the only reason you'd purchase it over a WRX be that it's a coupe?

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.
You can only like a minivan or a sports car. There are literally no other options at all when you're a REAL enthusiast.

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

Residency Evil posted:

Guys I have a confession to make. I haven't driven a car regularly since high school, didn't have one in college, haven't had one in med school, and probably won't have one in residency. I'll probably buy my first car when I'm 30, 31. Am I still allowed to hang out here? :ohdear:

Whatever you do don't get a minivan. They'll tear you to shreds and call you an orange county soccer mom.

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

Cream_Filling posted:

Pff, I'm never having kids so I can drive more cars. Deal with it, breeders :smugbert:.

Also, in addition to minivans nobody should have pickup trucks because nobody needs trucks and if you have one you hate to drive and if you need one because of where you live then obviously you should move.

In fact, I personally cut myself every time I get into one of my Porsches because if you're not willing to make sacrifices for driving you're not a real enthusiast.

I make sure to personally drink a glass of what fluids go into my Porsche

Nothing but the best for my baby cause I'm an enthusiast

:colbert:

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

Taaaaaaarb! posted:

About that Subaru WRX/Impreza split and the resultant coupe, here's one "artist's" impression:

Here's a better one:

And then there's this one:

Place your bets now!

These are awful. They look bloated and ugly in the wrong way. gently caress a coupe too. Can't they get the same people who did 02-07?

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

dissss posted:

I guess if you look at the Explorer as simply a Taurus wagon it makes sense, but then why does it need to pretend to be a real SUV?

People don't like wagons. They just want a car that does everything a wagon does but without the connotation of driving a wagon.

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

travisray2004 posted:

I looked at this photo and then automatically wondered why I think the Cube is so ugly. Then I remembered what the current Cube looks like. They should have left it alone.

It may not be great looking but at least it's not a Scion XB.

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.
That Veloster looks pretty good.

You can always change the wheels. Stock wheels are never too great.

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

ynotony posted:

The Z4 gets a new engine. BMW has replaced their NA 3.0l straight six with a 2.0l 4cyl Turbo.

This will obviously replace the NA straight six in all their blockbuster cars (1 series, 3 series, 5 series). I don't know how I feel about the loss of buttery buttery smoothness in exchange for some extra grunt and MPG, but I will reserve judgement for after I drive one.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/08/19/ultimate-photo-gallery-2012-bmw-z4-sdrive28i/

Turbos are never the wrong answer.

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

travisray2004 posted:

That logo looks like something straight out of an 80s Pontiac commercial.

That's how you it's gonna be sweet like the Pontiac Fiero.

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.
Those wheels look tiny on that car

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.
I'm not crazy about that grill or the thing with the headlights but that needs to be put into loving production

edit: is that gold on the a pillar? Ballin

69sofine fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 14, 2011

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.
That K9 reminds me of a Maserati from the front.

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

kimbo305 posted:

Sigh. Reminds me of the VW ad where the old beetle talks and makes vrooming noises. Don't treat me like a child; treat me like a driving enthusiast. I'll pay the extra thousands for you guys to engineer the real sound to be good.

Who needs some fancy BMW engineered engine sounds when they make this

http://www.soundracer.se/?p=98

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

Bat Legs posted:

I can understand the draw of sound kits for laughs on hybrid or electric cars, but it does seem a little silly on a gasoline powered car. I wonder if it's just cheaper than doing something like Maserati system where you hit a "sport" button and it opens a port in the exhaust system that amplifies the engine noise.

The idea of having Tesla that makes ambient DOOM zombie noises while idling and a hell baron scream when accelerating with sound kit amuses me, as long as I could switch the kit off after the five or so minutes I imagine it would take the joke to get old.

Sounds like what you're talking about is an electronic exhaust cutout

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.
http://jalopnik.com/5843721/nissan-europes-secret-godzilla+powered-super-juke

Apparently Nissan Europe wants to put the twin turbo v6 from the GTR into a Nissan Juke. I have no problems with this.

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

Cakefool posted:

A while back someone posted a photoshop of the juke that removed the upper lights & sank then into the grill. Combine these two & I may make a financially stupid decision.

I remember that thread. I forgot exactly why everyone was photoshoping the juke though. I don't really mind the 2 sets of headlights. It looks ugly but at least it doesn't look like an accord or camry

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

MetaJew posted:

I wish this wasn't a photoshop.

Also, I am annoyed that there are no videos of people autocrossing these yet.

I thought that was real. The photoshop was missing the top headlights?

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

Gripen5 posted:

The Sonata Turbo recommends 87. Not sure why exactly.

Doesn't the Genesis coupe turbo recommend 87 as well?

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

Previa_fun posted:

Mazda should have never offered the RX-8 with an automatic. This isn't just manual transmission snobbery; I actually think that decision did a lot of harm to the public image of rotary engines.

The public knows what a rotary engine is?

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

eames posted:

'the heck is wrong with BMWs design department? They are working hard to make Bangles work look better than ever.

d-3er-p.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/14/pics-aplenty-2012-bmw-3-series-w-video/

This looks much better than the 5 series.

I'm glad BMW chose to make at least one attractive car.

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.
Are both engines going to be the same?

If so, would a tune to the Toyota close the gap a bit between the power differences of both cars?

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

Astroman posted:

This car is gangster as hell

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

Fucknag posted:

Don't forget its contemporary, the Cien:

Would have been GM's first mid-engined supercar (aside from the Fiero, that is).

I'm seeing Corvette in the front and Lamborghini in the back

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.
Isn't the boxer rumble due to unequal length headers?

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

thebushcommander posted:

Like'a Dis?

That'll do it

:fork:

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.
What's with the back windows in the new Genesis?

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

Hog Obituary posted:

So this seems pretty outrageous:
2013 Ford Shelby GT500 delivers 650 HP and 200 MPH straight from the factory

I wonder what the MSRP will be... The current one stickers for $49k.

So it's doing ZR1 numbers now?

SouthLAnd posted:

That cars biggest flaw is that it's incredibly attractive. This will have to be rectified before it can be sold as a Dodge.

Don't forget about getting rid of that hideous manual transmission too

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.
The interior is amazing.

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.
I like that the shifter is a shifter now and not that little nub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

This thing looks like a loving transformer from the headlights