Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beelzebubba9
Feb 24, 2004

Left Ventricle posted:

Will it still have the turbo five now that Volvo's been sold off?

The Focus SVT/RS/whatever they call it will most likely have a high power version of Ford's 2.0L EcoBoost 4cyl that should be launching soon. The high-po Fiesta should get the 1.6L version of this engine.

Considering the accolades that have been heaped on the EcoBoost V6 these engines should be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebubba9
Feb 24, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

The guy in charge of things at Hyundai is a loving genius (emphasis mine):

Link

That's just loving brilliant, and it's the kind of thing that Hyundai needs to do if they want to shake up the luxury market today with the Equus the way Lexus did 20 years ago with the LS400.

I'm starting to root for Hyundai to be successful with this, it's huge shakeups that make the market better for everyone.

It's rare that I read an article from the CEO of a major company defending a product of theirs and find myself nodding in approval to most of it, but John Krafcik's piece for Inside Line was a rare exception.

Good job, Hyundai.

Beelzebubba9
Feb 24, 2004

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Holy crap, I don't know how I missed that. That's ridiculous.

The 2014 WRX is the last generation model which has always had a 5MT. The 2015, which will be available starting this spring, has a 6 speed manual.