Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slothophile
Jun 23, 2004

Slothophile same as Santa Claus but one small difference: he stop at nothing to kill you.
Most audis look pretty awful to me but I liked the A5 and was wondering if they would do an RS5 to compete with the M3...

Das Volk defend yourself!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slothophile
Jun 23, 2004

Slothophile same as Santa Claus but one small difference: he stop at nothing to kill you.

MrChips posted:

Frozenphil leads an existence unburdened by corners. Or calendars

or contact with reality

Slothophile
Jun 23, 2004

Spatule posted:

That's not really a feat, considering that the 5GT is a giant turd on wheels. Is there anything worse in the same price range ?

Crossposting from the hot car chicks thread...

Slothophile posted:

The new BMW 'Gran Coupe' which should apparently be available in 2012...

Which looks roughly a million times better than the A7 :)

Slothophile
Jun 23, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Can't really compare concept to production. BMW'll gently caress it up.

There isn't anything wild about it that they couldn't put into production, it might have more solidly attached mirrors and normal door handles but that's about it.

Slothophile
Jun 23, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

People said exactly the same thing about the XF concept and look where it ended up. The XF is still good looking but it's not in the same realm as the concept.

The main change on the XF was the lights which had to be changed to fit regulations, they also changed the mirrors and reduced the wheel flare at the back, partly because the concept had huge wheels. The BMW could go into production without body shape changes. It's been designed much more as a production ready concept.

Slothophile
Jun 23, 2004

Left Ventricle posted:

I'm not getting the reasoning behind making that Gran Coupe or whatever. I mean, the 6 series is basically a 5 minus the rear doors. So why would you take the 6 and put the rear doors back on? Isn't it then just a 5 with a different roofline?

It's a CLS competitor. ie a swoopy looking saloon for people that need 4 doors but will pay more money to get something a bit less common and more stylish.

Also the 6 series is a 2+2 coupe/roadster. It competes with stuff like the SL and A5.

Slothophile
Jun 23, 2004

The 918 just got green lit....

gently caress yes.

Slothophile
Jun 23, 2004

keykey posted:

YOURS FOR ONLY $650,000!!! ACT NOW AND WE'LL THROW IN A $7,500 TAX REBATE! THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS THIS COULD BE YOURS FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF ONLY $642,500!!!!!!!

It gets 94mpg on combined cycle so you'll make it back in fuel savings!

Slothophile
Jun 23, 2004

A5H posted:

New SSC to beat Veyron SS:

http://jalopnik.com/5630025/ssc-ultimate-aero-ii-first-photos-of-americas-bugatti-fighter

Wonder how this will progress.

Oh hey a pagani gallardo 458.

Slothophile
Jun 23, 2004

The new 599 APERTA. Only 80 to be made, estimated around £340,000 each and already sold out.

Slothophile
Jun 23, 2004

You know if you lower it by a foot it's not a bad looking car

Slothophile
Jun 23, 2004

Autism Sundae posted:

The new turbo Buick/Opel looks pretty loving awesome.

http://www.insideline.com/buick/regal/2012/2012-buick-regal-gs-first-look.html

Is that a vauxhall insignia?

Ugh.

Slothophile
Jun 23, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Wow, I think this is actually way worse than the current 1-series. I'll agree about the sagging door, but other than that, this looks worse in every way from the retarded grille/headlights to the overdone hood. Also, while the X1 is pretty bad, I think it's just generic little SUV-looking and not at all as offensive as this new piece of poo poo. Compare and contrast:

If you're gonna compare at least use the hatch not the saloon, since that's what this new one is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slothophile
Jun 23, 2004

Guinness posted:

You're crazy, the new F30 looks way better than the E90. Sharper front end, cleaner body lines, and the whole car just looks slimmer and lighter (and is ~90lbs lighter). Still no E46, but I think it's a good evolutionary redesign. Can't wait to see the coupe next year.

M-Sport package:

Hopefully the coupe will look better as with the E90. I'm guessing no pictures of that around yet?