Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Serious Frolicking posted:

Raki is in the custody of the organization and suffering from a parasite. What the hell is he going to accomplish? At best Priscilla will leave to go rescue him. Just face it, Raki = Orihime.

With fewer Kurosaki-kuns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

With fewer Kurosaki-kuns.

"Clare-san! Clare-san!
Clare-san! Clare-san!
Clare-san! Clare-san!
Clare-san! Clare-san!
Clare-san! Clare-san!
Clare-san! Clare-san!
Clare-san! Clare-san!"

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

canned_fruit posted:

drat, I like this series but it's getting so hard to tell what's going on. All the characters look almost exactly the same apart from hairstyle differences. The only Claymores I can really recognise anymore are Clare, Deneve and Helen. I've forgotten the rest and had absolutely no idea who the two we saw at the beginning of the chapter were. It doesn't help that it's a monthly.

haha yeah, I've read through this during easter and I still have no clue who's who except a few people. During the battle of the north I had no clue on who the hell died and when.

And god drat Raki is annoying, I never liked Orihime in bleach but Raki is just way worse.

Also why the hell did Pricilla fixate on Clares smell/whatever? She didn't even acknowledge her being there when she awakened and killed Theresa.

edit: uh, just remembered she has Theresa's stuffs in her

fanfic insert fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 6, 2010

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Priscilla doesn't remember who Theresa was, much less Clare. It is just that the smell registers as being significant to her, and as such is the only connection she has with anything until she remembers Raki.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Yeah yeah, but the smell is Clares/Theresas?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RajCooper posted:

Yeah yeah, but the smell is Clares/Theresas?

Why would she care about Clare's smell? Clare was a bystander and Theresa was the reason she awakened. I don't see how it could be anyone but Theresa.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

Why would she care about Clare's smell? Clare was a bystander and Theresa was the reason she awakened. I don't see how it could be anyone but Theresa.

I think you'll just have to accept that it's a plot device, but if you really want to get picky, don't forget that Clare has Theresa's head in her body (she used Theresa to become a claymore). As for why she's so obsessed with Theresa's smell, the reason is that it triggers her memories of the past, something she's trying to recover.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

pinegala posted:

I think you'll just have to accept that it's a plot device, but if you really want to get picky, don't forget that Clare has Theresa's head in her body (she used Theresa to become a claymore). As for why she's so obsessed with Theresa's smell, the reason is that it triggers her memories of the past, something she's trying to recover.

That's what I said. Why would I claim that Priscilla is chasing Clare because of Theresa's scent while also saying she doesn't smell like Theresa?

Clare was there when Priscilla awakened, but I don't think her presence was so significant that the amnesiac monster would remember her.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
I think Precilla even says she stuck with Raki because he had a faint smell by something she recognised but couldn't remember. I assumed that was Clares smell who got merged with Theresa

Gonna go find that chapter to see if I'm right.

e; first this: http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/97/28-29/

and then this: http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/99/01/

"That familiar scent that he bore"

She never met Raki before so it must have been someone else.

e2; ugh nevermind, I totally misread what you wrote and proclaim myself to be an idiot

fanfic insert fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 6, 2010

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I thought she liked Raki because he smelled of the south, where she came from.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eej posted:

I thought she liked Raki because he smelled of the south, where she came from.

That was Isley's theory at the time. It turns out she just smelled Clare on him.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Claymore's been suspended :(

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

KittenofDoom posted:

Claymore's been suspended :(

Was it dropped, or did the mangaka decide they were bored?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Was it dropped, or did the mangaka decide they were bored?

I think he means Claymore was suspended on Onemanga -

http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/ posted:

Notice: Because Viz has requested that we remove Claymore from our site, all chapters have been removed until further notice. We're trying to see if we can put it back up, but for now no Claymore >__<".

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

JosephWongKS posted:

I think he means Claymore was suspended on Onemanga -

Ahah. I hadn't checked in a while, I usually trust the threads to let me know when a new monthly hits. That's good, I suppose. I was worried it had died.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Ahah. I hadn't checked in a while, I usually trust the threads to let me know when a new monthly hits. That's good, I suppose. I was worried it had died.

You can still read it on Mangafox, though. For now, anyway.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chapter 103 is out.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/claymore/v18/c103/2.html

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Dauf: still awesome.

Sadly Priscilla is so broken it won't matter. drat this arc is kind of bleak.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Dauf should have joined his new "hands" together and formed a Blazing Sword!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Wanna fist-bump that guy. Rest in peace, Dauf! :smith:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't feel any tension at all :(

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Clare won't die, but Helen and Deneve don't have any plot armor. Naturally, I like them more than her.

RipVTide
Jul 28, 2002

Run you jerk with an EYE FOR QUALITY you! Run!
Nap Ghost
I really, really, love his this thread's title is never not topical and accurate.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

Chapter 103 is out.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/claymore/v18/c103/2.html

The mangastream version is out with a better translation for the ending.
http://mangastream.com/read/claymore/103-139/1

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That translation makes a lot more sense.

Speculation: Apparently the very act of killing Teresa was so traumatic her mind erased it. Specifically, she mentions that the darkness originating from the face is trying to consume her. At this point there's no one who can stand in her way, and it seems doubtful that Clare will be able to fully get away. We've longed speculated that faces are embedded into Claymore stomachs; if so, perhaps Priscilla seeing Teresa staring at her from Clare's stomach may cause...further mental damage, to say the least, and thus be the key for them getting out of this mess.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

pinegala posted:

Reading this, I just noticed that Dauf's arms have tits.

Otherwise, the translation is better and it makes more sense.

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Reading this, I just noticed that Dauf's arms have tits.
Glad I'm not the only one who noted this upon second viewing.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Ahahaha Onemanga just updated Claymore even though it's still suspended. So it's updated, but you're just not allowed to see it.

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot

KittenofDoom posted:

Ahahaha Onemanga just updated Claymore even though it's still suspended. So it's updated, but you're just not allowed to see it.

:ssh: On mangafox you can still read suspended manga if you know the url.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

KittenofDoom posted:

This just makes me picture Cartman sitting at the Onemanga server and cackling in glee as he reads something no one else is allowed to. As to the chapter itself: So long Duff/Dauf :cheers: and Priscilla's smile in the last panel is pretty damned creepy.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I'm up to chapter 60 and why didn't I start reading this earlier, holy poo poo.

badOrigo
Sep 14, 2007
Hey systematically marginalized groups, stop acting like victims!

pinegala posted:

Claymore Manga Thread: A farewell to arms; his arms had tits!

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
New chapter: http://mangastream.com/read/claymore/58995587/1

Yup, it's still living up to the thread title.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Is it ever.

Cliffhanger chapter that feels like its from a weekly not a monthly. Meh. Excellent art though.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Also loved the art.

Though I'm getting tired of the cliffhangers every chapter. Feels like we've been in this foresty area forever

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Wow. And people bitch about Bleach...

So what was the point of the loving statue Awakened fusion if Prissy can drop in and gently caress it's face like it weren't no thang?

If this wasn't a monthly, I'd probably stop reading for a few months just to let it build up some backlog. Still might.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

So what was the point of the loving statue Awakened fusion if Prissy can drop in and gently caress it's face like it weren't no thang?

If this wasn't a monthly, I'd probably stop reading for a few months just to let it build up some backlog. Still might.
But that wasn't even its real form. And I'm guessing since it didn't outright dissolve Clare right away, that it has some sort of plan for her. Maybe it wasn't a coincidence that it chose the form of the Clare/Teresa goddesses.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Point? There was no point. Riful made it by loving around and mistakenly believed she would be able to escape if need be. For that matter, she probably could have gotten away if not for the abyss eaters and Priscilla.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
She made it because she thought she would be able to sense its power immediately and kill it right away if it was a threat to her. That might have been the case if she had some talent for sensing like Renée, as Renée immediately knew that waking up Luciela/Rafaela was bad news.

And the giant statue thing did serve one purpose at least. It infected Raki, which will probably give him some power up so he can be established as a legit combatant... in another year or so when they finally get around to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I definitely agree that Claymore is ill-suited for the monthly format. If it were a slightly more cerebral shounen series like Fullmetal Alchemist I'd agree, but as it is it's basically the same as a weekly in terms of pacing, just with more pages.

• Locked thread