Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Spoke to Loosechanj about this a while back, and posting it here as it doesn't really warrant a full thread. I work at the Book House, an independent bookstore in St Louis, and we're currently running a kickstarter to help us get up and running at our new location.

The long version of why we're doing this is on the campaign page, but the short summary: After almost thirty years in business at our old location, the landlord gave us ninety days notice. The Victorian Gothic house we were based in will be demolished next month to make way for a gorgeous four storey storage facility.

We've a new storefront, in the heart of a thriving community, but the costs of getting the place open just keep coming in; originally we would have been open by next weekend, but more and more stuff keeps coming up that we need to build to meet code. We've been getting huge amounts of support from the locals in St Louis, and ran an event last weekend with various fundraisers and auctions, attended by around 20 local authors.

We're about 2K and change from our goal right now, and about two weeks left to run, so it's going pretty well.

So that's the brief version of our sob story; I no doubt sound biased, but this is a pretty awesome bookstore, one of the few left in the area, and if any of you guys want to help out or spread the word, it'd be deeply appreciated. Comments, questions, etc. welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU