Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

StandardVC10 posted:

Excuse me, when I was 8 I would draw a Sukhoi Su-15 Flagon F-15. :colbert:
That's better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

What would be an F-104 with pointier wings, a standard empennage and no tip tanks? Cause that's A Fighter Jet as far as 10-year-old me was concerned.

e: a missile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_XF-103

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Great museum and great pictures. I went a couple years ago but didn't have time to see the experimental hangar, unfortunately. Did get to sit in an F-4 cockpit, though, and that was neat. Does the Valk feel as big as it looks?

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Ardeem posted:

I can't decide of that's the most Russian thing I've ever seen or the most Crimson Skies thing I've ever seen.
These two things are less mutually exclusive and more a Venn diagram that's just a circle.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

I love planes that are just two of the same plane bolted together, and I love the Starfighter, so this might be my new favourite proposal. :allears:

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Ardeem posted:

Ahh, the b-25, how many forward firing guns do you need on a bomber?
You tell me:

Ah, Russia. :allears:

Down and forward is still forward, shut up.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Scale it up and make it CF-117.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

If cell phones and other consumer electronics could gently caress up airplanes that easily, terrorists would've done it long ago and/or we wouldn't be allowed to even have them on the plane at all outside of checked luggage.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

MohawkSatan posted:

bonus murdercathedral
This always looks so pretty and I'm always sad when I remember that the civilian passenger variant never got past the planning phase. :( Same for the B-58 passenger version.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

All these puns give me a sinking feeling.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Sounds like the A-10 might be getting a reprieve.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

This seems like as good a time as any to repost the proposed B-58 passenger variant.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

I think the last time it came up I calculated the cabin height and seat width to be less than that of a CRJ.
Worth it.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Video version

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

A pair of F-35s just flew over my apartment a few times.

I don't know what to think any more.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Linedance posted:

Did they, at any point, engage in any hovering, short takeoff, or other non-aerodynamic flight shenanigans?
They went in a non-straight line!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Midjack posted:

Pics or it didn't happen.
I didn't see them until their final pass, apparently they were doing a flyby of the Brickyard 400.