Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

I would think 'holy poo poo I wasn't expecting that' but I'm too used to these shows ressurecting people which kinda ruins the effect

e: and has anyone told the anime people that watching fat [s]japanese[s] ninja kids cry is really annoying

Ireland Sucks fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 8, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Mide posted:

I don't want to believe that's how Kakashi dies. He was too good of a character. It almost seems rude to have him die so quickly and only really kill one Pain. Ofcourse this makes Jarayia look more like a bad rear end. But still...

You may not want to look at this but Pain is just getting started. Seriously, just starting

Glitch
May 7, 2002

zip zip zoom
Not happy about this one bit. Kakashi was pretty much my favorite character of the series even though he'd been overshadowed. One huge reason for me to keep watching this show gone.. They better make up for this big time.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I'm OK with Kakashi dieing but they really should have made the fight more epic if that was the case... the fight was awesome until all of a sudden that happened, then I was :(. The most interesting character in the show shouldn't die have half an episodes worth of a fight be his last.

Greed
Apr 28, 2008
Requesting short term name change for this thread to loving Pain, how does he work?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Greed posted:

Requesting short term name change for this thread to loving Pain, how does he work?
loving eyes, how do they work? is, in general, always a good title for Naruto.

Wompa164
Jul 19, 2001

Don't write ghouls.

Greed posted:

Seconding this.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Why would you spoiler a namechange, or if there is reason for it to be spoiled, expect it to get into plain view in the topic title?

Actually I would do that one if OPs could edit the topic title, which I could have sworn was possible but I guess my memory must have failed me.

boy is that going to make the topic look silly when we head into fillerland :v:

Greed
Apr 28, 2008
I figured if its spoilered more people would look at it.

:hehe:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

SpartanIvy fucked around with this message at 07:10 on May 10, 2010

Greed
Apr 28, 2008

SpartanIV posted:

Meat tank all up in this bitch.

Mide
Jun 2, 2009
he actually looks a lot more like the puppet rocket launching Pain

Greed
Apr 28, 2008
Well, his head is fat enough to have the 3 faces.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Another new episode, pretty decent with a helping of filler action. But some interesting filler action mind you. Ibiki's summons were so :wtf: I didn't mind the filler.

Just As Planned
Sep 9, 2009

Filler, but much appreciated filler. This is a huge attack and the manga doesn't really show the efforts of the entire village. Ibiki's Torture no Jutsu was awesome and the ANBU attacks were interesting.

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

Kingtheninja posted:

But some interesting filler action mind you. Ibiki's summons were so :wtf: I didn't mind the filler.

Seriously, what the gently caress. I also liked the ANBU baking the cerberus summon. Lots of imaginitive stuff in there.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Looks like they're milking next week too fffff

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Can't really complain though, it's (so far) good stuff and considering how spoiled we've been on pacing lately it won't end up being that bad.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

I consider this kind of extended material to be an improvement on the manga. See also: Sasuke vs. Orochimaru, Jiraiya Gaiden.

Plus the alternative is that they catch up faster and then we will have a filler arc about the three and a half tails beast.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Tonfa posted:

I consider this kind of extended material to be an improvement on the manga. See also: Sasuke vs. Orochimaru, Jiraiya Gaiden.

Plus the alternative is that they catch up faster and then we will have a filler arc about the three and a half tails beast.

Or devil wig.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Kingtheninja posted:

Or devil wig.

I...I had finally forgotten that... :negative:

Glitch
May 7, 2002

zip zip zoom
Is the anime really in danger of catching up already?

Also the name of this week's episode is such bullshit. I was hoping for an interesting reveal. It wasn't a bad episode but they kinda got my hopes up. :argh:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Glitch posted:

Is the anime really in danger of catching up already?

It's less that and more the fact that manga isn't showing any signs of ending soon.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
edit: woops. Anyway what's going on in the Shippuuden right now?

Kneel Before Zog fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 16, 2010

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Check the big green banner at the top of the page dude

Glitch
May 7, 2002

zip zip zoom

Tonfa posted:

It's less that and more the fact that manga isn't showing any signs of ending soon.
Ah, that's not that bad I guess. I would assume the past few episodes have been eating up more chapters than normal since the pacing has been pretty swift though.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Tonfa posted:

I wouldn't say that. Admittedly it's going on a bit longer than I thought it might have done, but I think this is the last arc probably before the final battle.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Right now the manga is only about 70 chapters ahead of where the anime is right now. The past arc and this current one have a general tendency to move at a pace of about 1.5 to 2 chapters per episode with brief filler in between major events.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

New episode is up! I thought it was pretty good, maybe a little slower paced but the music and the tension were fun. Absolutely loved Naruto's realization at the end of the episode. Hearing his reaction was so much better than reading it in the manga.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
This arc breaks the unwritten law of including Sasuke at all times so they found a way to add his punk rear end in after the ED.

Deadpan Science
Sep 6, 2005

by angerbeet
If only the nine tails was taken from him somehow...he could use sage mode

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Haha, how is nobody commenting on the giant loving soul-eating head that is following Pain around?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
FYI the head is based on Enma, the ruler of the underworld, who is said to grab people by the tongue and judge their honesty.

Also, that Pain body is the one who revived the other dead Pain bodies that Jiraiya killed. So life and death is his theme.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Teek posted:

FYI the head is based on Enma, the ruler of the underworld, who is said to grab people by the tongue and judge their honesty.

Okay, that actually makes sense now with that background info. I was wondering why people's souls were suddenly depicted as pink and fleshy :downs:

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Haha, how is nobody commenting on the giant loving soul-eating head that is following Pain around?
Only those getting attacked by it can see it.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

alkanphel posted:

Only those getting attacked by it can see it.

I know. I was refering to the posters in this thread.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm kind of wondering (episode spoilers)what people think about konohamaru using rasengan. If I recall the manga thread had a decent sized debate about that when it happened. Personally I think it makes sense, and he did have to use two people for the actual delivery. Naruto didn't have to do that, did he?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

I'm kind of wondering (episode spoilers)what people think about konohamaru using rasengan. If I recall the manga thread had a decent sized debate about that when it happened. Personally I think it makes sense, and he did have to use two people for the actual delivery. Naruto didn't have to do that, did he?
I was just peeved because I am sick of the move itself.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

That's fine. I guess you're just losers then.

Kingtheninja posted:

I was surprised at the size of it. In the manga, it showed him using a itty bitty baby rasengan, but the anime had a full-sized ball of fuckoff hitting Pain. I thought the manga version was a good way of showing how thin he's spreading himself to do this: using kage bushin divides your chakra between the clones, and since he's a kid you gotta figure he doesn't have too much to begin with, so his rasengan is tiny. Instead, he looks like he's as good as Naruto at using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Instead, he looks like he's as good as Naruto at using it.

Well they are the same rank. :laugh:

• Locked thread