Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mide
Jun 2, 2009
Wasnt his grandfather the founder of the Kage Bushin technique? I don't see it far fetched that his Rasengan to be normal in size. He only used one clone, compared to Naruto who always has 4 or more at any given time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Warrior X
Jul 14, 2004

Mide posted:

Wasnt his grandfather the founder of the Kage Bushin technique? I don't see it far fetched that his Rasengan to be normal in size. He only used one clone, compared to Naruto who always has 4 or more at any given time.

There were two clones: One to be the distraction, and the other to help him form and deliver the rasengan.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mide posted:

Even so, he doesn't have the huge chakra reserves that Naruto has from having the nine-tails inside of him.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

CubanMissile posted:

Well they are the same rank. :laugh:

They should do a filler arc where Naruto redoes the Chunnin exam (most powerful genin ever!) and totally destroys everyone he meets. I would watch that filler.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

FiftySeven posted:

They should do a filler arc where Naruto redoes the Chunnin exam (most powerful genin ever!) and totally destroys everyone he meets. I would watch that filler.

Opportunity to show us another hidden village too. Naruto would probably get disqualified, either for the sake of something outside of the exam or just some amusing faux pas.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice

CubanMissile posted:

Well they are the same rank. :laugh:
I still want to see, even as a filler episode or two, Naruto go through the chuunin exam again. He'd just be beating the gently caress out of kids 3 years younger than him, make it through the forest of death in 15 minutes, etc. It'd be fun.

edit - drat you's guys.

aarstar
Mar 7, 2004

FiftySeven posted:

I've been waiting for this ever since I read a certain other shounen manga Hunter x Hunter.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Don't the rotate where the exam is? It would be a good chance to show of another village and have Naurto beat up people younger than him in hilarious fashions.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

doomisland posted:

Don't the rotate where the exam is? It would be a good chance to show of another village and have Naurto beat up people younger than him in hilarious fashions.

We've not seen Mist or Rock as far as I know, and I don't think it has to be one of the five great nations either, so there's plenty of potential settings. But going to any of the big five would probably mean revealing something from the manga early.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Graviija posted:

I still want to see, even as a filler episode or two, Naruto go through the chuunin exam again. He'd just be beating the gently caress out of kids 3 years younger than him, make it through the forest of death in 15 minutes, etc. It'd be fun.

edit - drat you's guys.

Rain Hokage: Today, we start the Chunnin exams. From Rain village, we have (names some students). From Wind Village, we have (some other dudes). From Fire Village, we have (names more guys).

Random student (to other student): Wait, "Naruto"? Isn't that guy Hokage? Why is he in this exam???!!!

<Series End, Credits>

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

This week we get some expanded fight scenes a-:tviv:

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Really looking forward to the responses to this episode.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
And we finally made it. Loved the way they handled this episode. Very excited to see how they handle the rest of this.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Definitely a huge :tviv: moment even though as a manga reader I knew it was coming. Jesus that was awesome. The filler had a couple of times iirc that they tried to nuke the village (the four pillar lightning thing comes to mind, for instance) but the sheer impact of it actually happening is amazing.

Incompl
Mar 23, 2008

:tviv:

I don't know if there's anything else to say.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck, this is gonna be awesome. I wish they expanded on some other fights, like shino's and kibas. They better take their sweet rear end time on this next fight.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yesss I can't wait to see this fight animated.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Freiza v Goku coming up.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
Boring, boring, boring, villain is monologuing again and---

:tviv:

I can't believe they loving NUKED the village. poo poo just got real.

I never thought that this show still had the capacity to surprise me. (Also: gently caress, this ending is incongruous.)

Harettazetta fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 27, 2010

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

doomisland posted:

Freiza v Goku coming up.
This is a pretty good way to describe it except Goku starts off a super-saiyan so you don't have several episodes of him getting the poo poo beaten out of him.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

And Konoha already blew up so we won't have to wait "5 minutes" for that to happen, either.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Everyone's forgetting poor Shizune, she was also killed. Of course a lot of other people were also killed then.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Crunkjuice posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck, this is gonna be awesome. I wish they expanded on some other fights, like shino's and kibas. They better take their sweet rear end time on this next fight.

Funnily enough they DID expand on those :v: The Shino "fight" in the manga was literally just one page of the Aburames and Konan staring down each other.

Insy
Jul 3, 2002
#crackhouse superstar
The front page says if you're going to watch one episode of Shippuden, watch 143. I'd go even farther and say if you watch one arc in this entire series, make it this one.

Take on Pain with some frogs? Nobody in the village could remotely stand up to Pain. Jiraiya beat 3 of the 6 paths, then got owned. Kakashi beat 1 of the 6 paths with help. Offscreen Pain beat the most notoriously powerful ninja who was still assumed to be alive, Hanzo of the Salamander and in filler beat the tailed slug bubble boy. Now it's our hero vs almighty push pain? The one that drove Kakashi to death pretty much and destroyed the village wall to wall and can loving fly? The whole village is knocked out (except for team Gai?) and 5 of the 6 paths are still standing, plus Konan. Naruto sure has some stops to pull out ahead of him. I'm quivering with anticipation.

Also, Tsunade sucks at fights. "Wait, Pain!"? Give me a break, more like legendary loser. Even the third would've at least gone down with a fight, not simply get popped from the sky like a sitting duck.

quote:

I never thought that this show still had the capacity to surprise me. (Also: gently caress, this ending is incongruous.)
The #1 unpredictable ninja [series].

Insy fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 27, 2010

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"

Teek posted:

Everyone's forgetting poor Shizune, she was also killed.

Alternately, there are people like me who were just glad. :3:

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Who was that girl outside the village with Negi and them?

Greed
Apr 28, 2008

doomisland posted:

Who was that girl outside the village with Negi and them?

Anime themed post of the year.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Tonfa posted:

Funnily enough they DID expand on those :v: The Shino "fight" in the manga was literally just one page of the Aburames and Konan staring down each other.

I figured if we're what, only 70 chapters behind the manga, why not have some filler fights for this arc. It would be pretty sweet if there was more episodes dedicated to some of these pain fights instead. Obviously this upcoming fight will take a few episodes hopefully, but i figured they'd drag this part out like the did when the 3rd died.

Oh, and where the hell has yamato been?

Crunkjuice fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 28, 2010

aarstar
Mar 7, 2004
:drat: Can't wait for next episode.

Just As Planned
Sep 9, 2009

:tviv:^n

Holy fuuuuuuck, they pulled that off well. I've been dying to see this fight animated.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

loving hell that was good.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Uhhhhhhhh that was unexpected, what the gently caress.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Crunkjuice posted:

Oh, and where the hell has yamato been?

Minor Manga Spoiler: Out searching for Kabuto with Anko. It's not that important but I can't remember 100% if it got covered in the anime.

Reiche fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 28, 2010

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Spoiler that dude, it just hasn't happened yet. It's minor but we aren't supposed to post anything future manga related.

Glitch
May 7, 2002

zip zip zoom
holy gently caress

poo poo just got real in this show really fast. It's like they wanted to single out Jiraiya and Kakashi with a little bit of dramatics before killing everyone else all at once. Well, not everyone I guess, with the mission teams out and about like Gai's. I also like how Sakura pulled a trump card to avoid a nuke like Sasuke using one of the big three's summons, though I'm sure it wasn't on purpose.

I hope the animation like from the latter half of that episode keeps to at least that level for a bit. Best episode in a good long while!

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Glitch posted:

I also like how Sakura pulled a trump card to avoid a nuke like Sasuke using one of the big three's summons, though I'm sure it wasn't on purpose.

Didn't Tsunade tell it to do that? I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people in Konoha are covered in slug

Glitch
May 7, 2002

zip zip zoom

Slave posted:

Didn't Tsunade tell it to do that? I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people in Konoha are covered in slug
You're probably right. It looked like Sakura was on the outskirts of the blast, though, the way they had her staring at it, and there didn't look to be too many slugs at ground zero. It may have just been that they didn't put that much detailing effort into the birds eye view drawing of the crater, I guess. Anime speculation!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I would assume that everyone got slugged, since they showed Tsunade specifically telling her slug summon to protect everyone, and she'd already split up into mini-slugs for each villager.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Knew what was coming but it was still freakin' awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yes it was. Nicely paced as well, they had decent amounts of action mixed well with talking parts. Really loved the over the top animation of the frogs kicking rear end. The post preview bit was really funny, too.

• Locked thread