Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
SugarPlumDemon
Nov 19, 2007
Sleep well, Children...

I have, to memory, attempted to cook breaded, baked pork chops at least 3-5 times. I've altered the recipe each time, trying to get it right, but alas no such luck.

I start by dredging the chops in some eggs, and then coat them twice with breadcrumbs. I then pan-sear them on either side for 5 minutes, and then I toss them in the oven on high for however long they need to cook.

The problem is this: No matter how evenly I bake them (flipping them over at different intervals), ONE drat side always comes out soggy or completely uncrispy. I can't figure out how to avoid this! No matter how they're flipped, or how dry I try to keep the bottom of the pan (I've also tried oiled, same result), I can't get a full-on crispy pork chop. The bottom side is always soggy! D:

I would greatly appreciate some tips in regards to this.

SugarPlumDemon fucked around with this message at Mar 26, 2010 around 18:21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YEAH DOG
Sep 24, 2009

you wanna join my
primitive noise band?

1. you're going to get poo poo for not using the quick questions thread

2. bake it standing on the side

Really I'd just use thinner chops and skip the oven, because frying then baking is going to produce a soggy side.

SugarPlumDemon
Nov 19, 2007
Sleep well, Children...

SYFY HYPHY posted:

1. you're going to get poo poo for not using the quick questions thread

2. bake it standing on the side

Really I'd just use thinner chops and skip the oven, because frying then baking is going to produce a soggy side.

I have previously tried just throwing them in the oven without searing them first, which was my first amendment to the recipe (I think I got the idea from Alton Brown.) There wasn't much difference between either variation.

I'll keep the quick question thread in mind, as well, thank you.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Bake them on a cooling rack.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

icehewk posted:

you are doing it wrong. OP, just follow this link and debone the 'chops.(and use bacon for "skin")

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packag...yosear_Duck.pdf

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them

icehewk posted:

pan fry in a skim of oil first over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.

Bake on wire rack until desired temp is reached.

problem solved.

SugarPlumDemon
Nov 19, 2007
Sleep well, Children...

I shall invest in an oven rack for sure.

Thingamabobby
Feb 6, 2008

How much oil is in your pan? Try using less and try using less breading

SugarPlumDemon
Nov 19, 2007
Sleep well, Children...

Not much oil, really. Just enough to keep anything from sticking and to help (or rather I thought it was helping) crisp up the coating.

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

It's a formal title.

SugarPlumDemon posted:

I shall invest in an oven rack for sure.

yeah that really is your issue. what's happening is the chop is trapping the moisture underneath it, there's no way to prevent sogginess without a rack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Use the General Q&A thread, please.