Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Stacie posted:

Hey guys, we added a new coupon code 'goons' which will give you 50% off on any product we offer (except service extras) when selecting a monthly billing cycle.

Pretty much allows you to purchase a shell hosting or a web hosting package for under a buck.

Enjoy and let me know if you run into any problems.

http://www.amdwebhost.com

Just ordered an account from you guys, the deal seems pretty good. I had to put my paypal order through to get it into the sales queue, do you guys just issue a refund for the discount amount after the order is processed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

So I have a really irritating issue that I'd like to ask for some advice/opinions on.

A company that I do contract work for recently switched ISPs. They host their own Exchange server. Now that they've switched ISPs and have a new static IP, email to certain external mailservers bounces due to a lack of reverse-DNS. So this should be simple, right? Email the ISP and ask for a PTR record to be set up, right?

Except that the ISP claims that they run no nameservers for their IP space and says we have to contact our forward-DNS providers (who do not own the IP block.) I've been going back and forth with the ISP's support person on this all morning and haven't had any luck.

Are there any options for enabling rDNS if the ISP isn't running nameservers? Or should I be trying to bark up the management tree to explain to them that it's their responsibility to be running nameservers for their IP blocks?