Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
This could be a dumb question. I work for a financial company and we have a site that's developed and hosted by another company. On the main page of that site, they are streaming a single video file from another host using a Flash plug-in. We've been told that the company hosting our video is shutting down and they want us to find an alternative host. Seems to me that our host should find an alternative but whatever - I do what I'm told.

I'm afraid that if I just pop a file up on some host and tell our partner company to link to it that it might violate some ToS because most of the webhosts expect you to host your entire site with them. Am I overthinking this?

Either way, would someone mind telling me some things to consider when looking for a host to just stream a single file over and over again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU