Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Go with Christ posted:

Has anyone here done a full non-lethal run? I stayed non-lethal (including no turret dickery, and even moving bodies before blowing up the NSF generator) up until the raid on the 'Ton, where even Paul started loving poo poo up. Supposedly you can even get past Anna Navarre if you injure before the scripted convo kicks in, the last time you fight.

There's a Youtube video up somewhere if you search. Basically, you throw a LAM after she finishes talking, and her AI will run away from it, and sometimes she'll run through and unlock the locked door that you're only supposed to access once you take the key from her corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Jetsetlemming posted:

^^ Uh, TNM just came out a few months ago

It's been in development forever. The big shame is that they spent so much time and effort (it's entirely VOICE-ACTED) on a project that could have been loving awesome, and they chose to base it on forum drama.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Grey Fox V2 posted:

Well what's the time investment like? I dumped 33 hours from start to finish in my latest replay of DE1 but I honestly don't have the motivation to do that for DE2.

Not nearly that long, if I remember correctly, more like 5-10 hours or so.

And it's really not a bad game, it was just aggressively mediocre, and a lot more actiony and simple than the original. The ragdolls and physics are pretty fun to play around with, though--if you go max strength aug and cloak aug, you can go invisible and kill enemies by throwing boxes and they won't know what the gently caress. Compared to the original, it's incredibly limited, but it's worth a playthrough.