Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Deus Ex is awesome, fun as hell, and the only game I re-play, like, yearly.

That said, like pretty much every game made in the late 90s (when PC gaming was at its best because I was 12) there is a lot of ridiculous hyperbole around it. The default control scheme is goofy as hell, a lot of the skills and augs are worthless and your first time around you will feel bad about investing in a lot of them, the difficulty becomes non-existent once you get the regeneration aug, the voice-acting is terrible, and the last third of the game a lot of the openness and freedom vanishes because its obvious they ran out of time; Hell's Kitchen and Hong Kong are both sprawling metropolises with many missions and side-missions that you visit for hours, Paris has two houses you can break into and you leave after an hour.

For all the bragging about player choice the fact remains that as far as the actual plot goes there's no real effect on the main plot; you have to defect to help Paul no matter what, whether Paul lives or dies effects about a paragraph of dialogue, and aside from little things like the killswitches for Gunther and Anna your choices often just boil down to extra loot at the end of the level. There are three endings, and which one you get is based entirely on which objective you complete on the final map.

That said, Deus Es is a great game that came along at the right place and time and did something that probably won't be done quite the same way again. It's a brilliant FPS/RPG that focused so much on being its own little world and is so packed full of content you'll find new things on your 10th playthrough. There really is no "wrong" way to play it, everything from sniping to heavy weapons to stealth is perfectly viable and fun. Everybody should play it at least once, just to experience it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Snofeld posted:

I played through the entirety of TNM. The "lol you're in a forum" stuff doesn't last long, except for the drat Goat cult who all speak in some kind of lolcat dialect, and all the plot devices having forum-related names. And the first mission is crappy. "Go get some money, like gently caress am I gonna tell you how." But once you get to the point where you can choose your allegiance it starts to feel a lot more like Deus Ex. It certainly does the multiple-paths-through-a-level thing better than some vanilla DX levels did.

It's really easy to tell who hasn't played it for more than an hour or so, if at all.

I play games for fun. If I have to spend hours running around a too-large city trying to find ways to make money while lovely random internet humor and in-jokes get forcefed to me by a bunch neckbeards who giggle between takes just to get to the "good" stuff, then that's just not fun.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Adam Bowen posted:

You probably won't like it, you should check out Game Of The Year Final Fantasy XIII instead. Now with 75% less gameplay between cutscenes!

I'm sorry, Fallout's gameplay is really clunky in this day and age, same with System Shock's shooting. They're considered classics because of things like writing, sound design, and the ability to tackle situations with a variety of different skills and character builds, but anybody who's mind isn't completely clouded by nostalgia would recognize the flaws in their gameplay and how it has been improved since. Trying to act smug about gameplay when Fallout's combat consisted 90% of the time standing around and targeting people's eyes and groin over and over is ridiculously counter-intuitive.

Adam Bowen posted:

Yeah, but Deus Ex doesn't play well with Windows 7 and the graphics are dated. People who haven't played it and don't have the patience to try should check out FPS RPG Supergame Bioshock instead.

Steam can be a little tricky to navigate so here's a walkthrough to help those attempting to purchase Bioshock

:frogout:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Weedle posted:

I really don't know what to say to anyone who can't stand to play a game that's more than a couple of years old.

Except that's not what I said and is just a lovely strawman to avoid the point of my message? I never said "Hurr durr these graphics suck and this game's too complicated, games more than a couple years old are too much for my feeble contarded brain", I said that many old games that are put up on a pedestal have legitimate, deep-seated flaws that always get glossed-over by breathless hyperbole and clouded by nostalgia in threads like this, and that when said flaws get pointed out the knee-jerk reaction is posts like yours that dismiss all criticism as stupid people unable to see the brilliance of the game in question.

Of course, this is the Deus Ex thread and not the "Why aren't today's games as good as the games I played as a kid?" thread that pops up every month so this derail has gone on enough.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pomale posted:

* - Can someone give me a run down on why this game is so hated amongst Deus Ex fans? It's been a while since I played it but I remember that I really liked it and beat it in only a few sittings. Furthermore it seems to have generally decent reviews and, while not as thrilling as its predecessor, doesn't seem that bad of a game solely on its own merits.

DX:IW is to the original DX as Alien 3 was to Alien/Aliens: something that would have been just fine had it been its own thing, but since it was a follow-up to a hugely successful and influential work with an army of die-hard fans it ended up being unfairly maligned.

The first thing that comes up is the engine; It was coded in about two weeks after one of their main programmers left, and this (not the :pcgaming: CONSOLES :pcgaming: thing that gets tossed around whenever this is brought up) meant that the performance was terrible and the areas were really small, removing a lot of the exploration of the first game. The graphics were good for the time but they spent so much time and resources on stuff that really didn't matter (like ragdolls and shadows) that, again, it meant they couldn't have as much going on at once as the first. The aesthetic was also weird, because in spite of taking place after the societal collapse at the end of the first game everything looks more futuristic!

For gameplay, passive mods and unique weapons were a nice addition, and some augs (like Bot Control) were a lot of fun, but overall the shooting just wasn't as good. The universal ammo system was almost understandable (pimping your pistol the whole game in DX only to realize there are almost no 9mm pickups in the endgame sucks) but its implementation was terrible, a shot from a sniper rifle could drain almost a whole clip! Especially once the super-soldiers get introduced in the endgame you could blow your entire stash of ammo in a single fight. They also completely ditched the experience and leveling system, which limited character customization and took away a lot of the motivation to explore and do side quests. Also, considering the huge length of the first game you can beat IW in about 10-15 hours.

For the story, I thought they did a pretty good job following up JC's actions and working in all the endings of DX without having them contradict. The problem was having two factions to choose between: they would both send you to the same place to do almost the same thing, and even if you ignored one side they would always pop up asking for your help next time around, meaning that there was almost no consequence or reason for siding with one group or the other. Granted, in the original DX your actions had no bigger effect on the story or your relationship with the factions (you always disobey orders to see Paul, always defect, always kill Gunther and Anna, etc) but it was so painfully transparent in IW, even if they did work it into the story in a somewhat clever way by making them both fronts for the Illuminati.

If DX: IW hadn't been a Deus Ex game at all but instead had been an unrelated sci-fi shooter it would probably have gotten a lot more love than it did. As it stands, it's just a frustrating reminder of all the things that made the original so good.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pomale posted:

I actually put a laser sight on my pistol and it worked for a few minutes after I put it on, but now I still have to do the whole "wait 7 seconds to line up the shot" thing even though the laser sight is still attached. Is that a bug or do I just not know how the laser sight is intended to work?

You have to manually turn on the laser sight every time you switch weapons. I think the default is the right bracket. Or maybe left bracket. Whichever bracket isn't the one to toggle the scope.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
All this talk of Versa-Life reminds me: The second time you go there, if you ignore what the game says and go through the front door instead of taking the secret entrance there's a giant version of those little spider bots guarding the entrance. To the best of my knowledge that's the only time you encounter one in the game.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

BattleMaster posted:

There's one in Area 51, but Versalife is the first time one appears.

Yeah that's right, now I remember :doh:

Grand Fromage posted:

I didn't know you even could just go in the front door. :aaaaa:

It's not really worth it aside from curiousity, you have to fight through a small army and you don't get anything special for it.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Novolin posted:

I like to pick my nose.

That's terror.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Zalb posted:

Hey, I'm curious if there's any way to save Jock
JC's reaction to theshifty engineer and the corpse lying in plain sight was surprisingly passive.

When you get to the helipad talk to the shifty mechanic a few times, then go all the way back and talk to Everett (who says he doesn't know the mechanic), then talk to the engineer again and call his bluff. He should attack you or flee and then after killing him you can warn Jock about A BOMB.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Hard Clumping posted:

Or you can just kill him without doing all that, which is what I did the first time around. Jock asks why JC killed the mechanic, and he basically shrugs it off and doesn't give a poo poo. Only then do we discover the bomb. JC is the luckiest motherfucker in the world sometimes.

e: f,b

Maybe, but the little conversation with Everett is pretty great.

JC: I came to ask about your mechanic...

Everett: Oh, you mean Pierre?

JC: Pierre?! He doesn't sound French... :crossarms:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

How would a mod let you keep working for UNATCO? You'd still need some excuse to shoot your way in to the levels in the later half of the game.

Sam kind of hints at it, but UNATCO is an anti-terrorism and peace-keeping institution at its heart, it's just that it's been manipulated to serve as a tool for MJ12. I'm sure that most of the "bad" guys would be against turning a single man into a nigh-omnipotent dictator, especially when they find out they're being used. Conceivably you could twist the existing locations into a narrative of a sort of "civil war" where Paul outs MJ12's presence and UNATCO races to stop Page.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
OK, this is weird. Fresh install of the Steam version of Deus Ex and the game crashes as soon as it launches. I can only get it to run by doing it in safe mode and even then the graphics are all messed up and it freezes anyways.

I'm on Windows 7, dunno if that's a known problem but I can't find anything else about it.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Fallout 3 was actually pretty good about this as most quest-critical characters, when killed, had some note to point you in the right direction or the trinket you would have needed to get from them anyways.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Tecman posted:

http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/

Do not run the game without doing these changes on modern machines, especially if you're running Windows 7. The new renderers RULE.

I got both the DX10 renderer and the "run Deus Ex on modern systems" utility, no luck. It still crashes as soon as it launches, and if I run it in safe mode it works for about a minute and then it freezes and then:

Click here for the full 1208x499 image.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, going with and without shifter, no luck. And it's weird because the first time I downloaded and installed it it was fine, it was only after I saved and quit and came back alter that it happened. :psyduck:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

3Romeo posted:

I bought IW for five bucks off Steam just now. Haven't played it since release and on a rig that could barely handle the poorly optimized engine. I remember playing it but I don't much remember anything about it except that it actually got good once JC got out of deep freeze and conversations weren't :downs: dialogues.

Maybe I'm mellowing out in my old age but man, it isn't as bad as I remember. It still doesn't hold up at all to the first game but I'm actually having a fair amount of fun with it. Especially with the crazy loving physics. Make a body pile and shoot it up and watch the corpses fly!

The part where you get to JC's little sanctuary and you re-visit the scenes from the first game was probably my favorite part of IW. Close second: having the Aggresive Defense System aug at the highest-level so the Templar super soldiers all explode when they run into you, since the only weapon they have is the rocket launcher.

Stump Truck posted:

ICARUS HAS YOU

:golfclap:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

A Violence Gang posted:

I seem to have fixed the issue I was having in Win7 x64. If you have set Data Execution Prevention to OptOut, a non-default but commonly recommended security measure, exclude DeusEx.exe. I think at least one other person was having the same issue as me, input freezing within a minute or so of launching, so hope this helps somebody.

It works! :neckbeard:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Le Sean posted:

While we're at it, scrap the entire catacombs level. Yeesh.

I liked it because it was an homage to Ultima Underground, much like how the underwater base was an homage to System Shock and the cathedral was an homage to Thief.

K-On! Season 2 posted:

I ran into this and the solution for me (server 2k8 r2, basically win7) was to add DeusEx.exe to the DEP whitelist.

Yeah, that fixed it, it works perfectly now.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

almostfearless posted:

Kind of a pedantic correction, but it's Ultimate Underworld. (Though I too really enjoyed the System Shock vibe in the Underwater Lab)

Yeah, silly me. :doh:

Looking at it this way it's almost like Deus Ex was to the FPS/RPG/stealth hybrid what Once Upon A Time In The West was to westerns: something that came around at the end of the genre's popularity, looked back on what had come before it, and crafted a love-letter that ended up being better the peak of the genre.

Now if only gaming could get around to making the FPS/RPG/stealth hybrid equivalent of Unforgiven! :v:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Tecman posted:

It would be interesting to play a mod where someone essentially ported Invisible War into Deus Ex. Sure, you'd lose rear end in a top hat physics, but you'd make the game a billion times more playable. :(

This is all just hearsay, but I remember hearing that some modders had made custom levels for Thief: Deadly Shadows that were about as large as levels in the first 2 games thanks to the increased power of modern computers. It would be cool if somebody could tinker with the code to combine areas in IW to make maps that were roughly the size of the ones in the original DX.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

darnzen posted:

For me its literally instantaneous and I have about a 3 yr old rig (Core 2 duo + 8800GTX). I *love* how fast this game loads, both the game and the area transtions. I also love that you can hit ESC during the logos and it pulls up the game menu with the normal game start up happening in the background.

I don't play the steam version, maybe that explains it. I had the CD and I just reinstalled it (I have to admit it was this thread that renewed my interest).

EDIT: IGNORE... I missed the IW and assume that's 'Invisible War.' I was referring to the generic Deus Ex, not the sequel.

Yeah, my PC isn't even a year old and the load times are just as bad as they were when they played it on the Xbox when it first came out.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Snofeld posted:

It turns out the "act like they're unconscious" thing means if you knock them out, then shoot them, they still die. Apparently in vanilla DX you could attack an unconscious body all you like and they'd not die.

That's one thing I love about the BioMod: If you attack an unconscious body it lets out the "YEEARGH!" noise and turns into a corpse.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Just beat Deus Ex for the 6th or 7th time, completing my annual playthrough I've done every year since I first played it.

I love how every ending fits perfectly into the established narrative, with no clearly-defined "good" or "evil" ending.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ansob. posted:

Taking away the player's weapons midgame is the pretty much at the top of my "list of design elements that make me want to murder the developers." It's a loving terrible idea and in 90% of the games where it happens it's because the devs couldn't be bothered to give you 9-10 weapons spread out over most of the game, so they give you the five that are in in the first half an hour and take them away from you over and over again. Crysis, I'm looking at you. :argh:

Alternately, games that do it but give you everything back not a minute later. Like in Dragon Age with the prison breakout or in Fallout 3 when you get abducted on Mothership Zeta. Although, I thought The Pitt did a good job of giving you plenty of time to play with your new toys before getting your old equipment back.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Copper Vein posted:

Has anyone using Shifter got the Skullgun? I read that it's supposed to be in the Unatco soda machine during your escape. I did get an aug cannister there, but it was environmental resistence only.

I'm using Biomod as well, so maybe that hosed it up.

Yeah, it was totally supposed to be there. There's only one other opportunity to get one, at the cathedral when you fight Gunther he drops a canister. But you have to actually fight him, if you use the killswitch he doesn't drop it.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Luigi Thirty posted:

Jesus Christ, Denton!

JC Denton, Jesus Christ Denton... :tinfoil:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

AXE COP posted:

Can anyone help me out with getting the theme music out of the game?

There's one that actually plays on the title screen (my favourite version and the one I actually want), there's a different sounding one that I have from the soundtrack, and there's several versions on Youtube. How can I get the one from the game into a proper music file?

Thanks in advance for any help :shobon:

If it's any help, the PS2 version had an orchestrated version of the DX theme, so if you're looking for the different-sounding version of the titlescreen music that's probably it.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Retro-Future Rodent posted:

Allies means it shoots you and your allies, enemies means it shoots your enemies (and they don't have to set off an alarm for it to target them), everything means it shoots wooden supply crates, explosive and poison barrels, your enemies, you, animals, everything.

Also, if you can reach the camera or gun after hacking it's terminal you can manually toggle it between bypassed and shoot allies by right-clicking it. I plan on having a look at the code behind that to see if it can be improved.

The first time I played it took me way too long to realize that "enemies" meant my enemies; since the game is so immersive I figured that since it was the enemy's computer that "enemies" meant their enemies, which were my allies.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Marvin_Gardens posted:

Things that own in Invisible War:

-"I'd love to be your chamber boy"
-Glass Destabilizer weapon mod
-Talking to JC in Antarctica and Paul in Cairo: i.e. the only people with thoughtful dialogue.
-Back story of the Grays.

-Weapon upgrade system

Fixed the "pinpoint-accurate sniper death pistol with 20 bullets per clip that fires as fast as a machinegun" upgrade system of the first by limiting the number of upgrades you could install to 2 per weapon but making them much more meaningful (like the aforementioned glass destabilizer).

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Rusty Rickshaw posted:

Ellis Island is much smaller, for example, and there are four or five loading spots (not including UNATCO or the interior of the statue). It's still good, although the UI is crazy and on Realistic you only have 100 total HP (!!) I think there are a few lines of exclusive dialogue in each version.

Hell's Kitchen is the same, with a lot more loading spots. The generator warehouse is totally different, but the rooftops are the same for some reason.

Really, all things considered, the PS2 version of Deus Ex is pretty admirable for keeping so much of the game intact. Yeah, some of the bigger maps were chopped up or redone, the inventory was simplified, the UI was cluttered because of TVs, and losing limb-specific damage for a single health bar is a little annoying, but overall it still has all the stat-based stuff and augs and kept the different routes and ways of doing things. One thing I loved about it was that it did away with keypads entirely, so keycodes functioned just like keys and you didn't have to dig around your journals looking for the keycode.

Huh, and apparently they re-did JC's model.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Dominic White posted:

Yep, won singleplayer mod of the year over at ModDB, raked in a ton of hugely positive reviews

I wonder how much of that was due to the fact that a metric fuckton of forum members appeared in the game and as such they all upvote it wherever they can to get exposure.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Doodmons posted:

I played it through once and thoroughly enjoyed it but I have no inclination to go back and play it again. Whereas I'm on maybe my fourth or fifth playthrough of the original. In all honesty, apart from a few stupid design decisions and poor engine optimisation there's not really anything wrong with it. A lot of the levels are really cool and fun to play and it definitely has a bunch of awesome features. It's just that stuff like the neutered hacking, the universal ammo system and the lovely, lovely super Templars that make it unfun to play in some parts. Seriously, I had to just turn on sprint and run around dodging all the enemies in the endgame because it took 2 or 3 rockets to kill one Templar and then that was all my ammo.

And on the flipside, if you have a fully-leveled Aggressive Defense Drone aug the super Templars just blow themselves up because the rocket launcher is all they have.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Strudel Man posted:

I believe this is what you meant.

Yer sew bad!

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Another message board I visit has someone who worked in game Q&A, he posted a thing about Deus Ex:

quote:

I wish I had an amusing story to share about testing this one. But I don't. Warren Spector is the best game designer I've ever worked with, and actually listened to and respected the testers. He got us to start testing in the early Alpha stage. Most of our suggestions for gameplay and balancing were actually implemented- in some cases, Warren over-rode the programmer's desire to close the bug out and told them we were right. The game (at least in my opinion) was much better for it.

It was the source of the best bug I've ever read, though. I can only paraphrase, I fear I'm not doing it justice.

Summary- "Deep, wet shaft offers no climax."

Description- "Having maxed out my swimming skill, when I reached level 15, I got really excited. Here was a chance to use my talents- a long, water-filled shaft just waiting for me to plunge into. Unfortunately, after thrusting myself underwater and pushing my way to the bottom, I found nothing to relieve my probing. This area needs a reward."

Developer- "GEP gun and corpse added to bottom of shaft. Fixed"
Developer 2- "This has got to be the dirtiest bug I've ever read."

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Tug Grundo posted:

I just started the game and finished the training. I'm working on building my character at the moment. Are there any skills that are just completely worthless?
What would you recommend for a great first run through? Also, difficulty, how crazy does it get? These old games can be finicky I like my games to be challenging.

Medicine isn't really worth it because 1/3rd of the way through the game you get an aug that lets you regnerate health
Swimming is pretty worthless, you'll only use it a few times in the whole game (all optional) and later on you get an aug that lets you breathe underwater
Environmental protection is maybe worth one level, to make you immune to gas grenades, otherwise it's not that great.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Hogburto posted:

That's at least 7000 new Dentons.

I bought the game for a couple friends and it's a total treat to hear them talk about how they're playing and all the different stuff they're running into. One didn't invest in Computers at all and was frustrated because he couldn't find passwords anywhere and kept getting trapped by cameras and spent an hour at the warehouse in Hell's Kitchen looking for the code to blow up the generator before realizing an exploding barrel does the job just as well.

Still, so far they all love it!

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Grey Fox V2 posted:

drat I love how the designers designed the game around our possible shenanigans.

The one thing that sucks about Shifter is that the penalty for killing civilians makes is largely impractical to methodically kill all the guards beforehand.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Astroturf Man posted:

There's a postmortem floating around that discusses this:

http://www.gamecareerguide.com/features/749/postmortem_the_nameless_.php

I love how their defense boils down to "Well, obviously they're just threatened by the idea of a game with a unique premise, how about you just go scamper off and play something with a gruff bald space marine instead :smug:" without actually listening to any criticism.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Wildtortilla posted:

I don't want to get into :filez:, is there a legit place I can find System Shock 2? I never got to play it but it sounds loving great.

Forum rules say that Home of The Underdogs is an acceptable metric for abandonware, a few years ago they used to have a no-frills rip of SS2 available but I don't know if that's still the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Angry Boat posted:

There was that one picture in-game of all of Simons bio-mods and I think active defense was included.

Couldn't stop a silent take down with the GEP gun though. Even better is a Jackhammer to the back after you run away and sneak back. He flies!

That makes me realize that you never really fight an equal opponent in Deus Ex. I mean, yeah, Simons has augs but it boils down to being able to take a ton of damage and not catch on fire, it would have been awesome to have some crazy showdown with a fellow nano-augmented agent comparable to JC. Maybe one where you're both leaping all over the place taking potshots at each other, or a stealth agent who can cloak but has to worry about bio-reserves. It's a bit too straightforward for Deus Ex's "a million ways to deal with everything" philosophy but it's still fun to imagine. :allears: