Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hello Deus Ex thread :) Sorry, this is a little off-topic, but I couldn't find any sort of "recommend me a video game!" threads here in Games so I thought I might ask here. I'm finishing up a replay of DX:HR and I'd love a suggestion of something with similar pacing and combat to play next. I tend to like games that are a bit more FPS than RPG -- like, I think DX and Dishonored are great, but Borderlands had too many sidequests and I burn myself out pretty quickly when I have little quest markers popping up everywhere on my map. I basically just want to run around shooting and/or punching mans and upgrading my ability to shoot and/or punch mans.

Something from within the last like... five years or so, maybe? I tried replaying the original DX recently but I can't get past the very very dated graphics. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Sorry, I know, I'm literally the worst :shobon:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Following up on Deus Ex: HR with E.Y.E. is like following up on Gattaca by watching some weird Korean remake of Robocop where Robocop finds out he is literally the devil.

Holy lol.

gary oldmans diary posted:

You generally don't go non-lethal, do you?

My playstyle boils down to "sneak around for a bit, if I get caught or enemy patrols move too slowly oh well I tried time to PUNCH EVERYTHING."

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

If the graphics of Deus Ex are too old for you to handle, check out the GMDX mod. In fact, all of you check out the GMDX mod if you are looking for an excuse to replay. It's very very good, adds a lot of little things in the levels to trigger that feeling of finding something new even on that 20th play through.

Awesome! I'll check this mod out and the VtM game too. Thanks guys!

e: Is EYE mandatory co-op or could I just smash my way through everything solo?

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 23, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I got the newest version of this patch so hopefully that eliminates all the buggy stuff. I'm not sure if it's due to the patch or just the game itself but the graphics are fine by me, they're really no worse than Dishonored's :lol:

e: also I'm pretty sure I played this game when it came out, I'm surprised it apparently holds up so well

e2: yeah I did, back then I rolled Malkavian as my first character, I do not recommend rolling Malkavian as your first character

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 23, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Okay! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LookieLoo posted:

Malkavian is best on your first playthrough, you'll be just as confused as your character is which I think is far better than just recognizing references to story events.

I distinctly recall getting to the last part of the game, with the coffin and the taxi, and just blindly picking dialogue options since I had no loving idea what my character was on about