Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Here, add these better renderers for modern computers, so you don't have to drag out your Voodoo2 cards:

1) Opengl and Direct3D 9
2) Direct3D 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Adam Bowen posted:

Help, the boat on liberty island doesn't work, what do I do?!

You can't leave without your buddy Superfly.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I installed Deus Ex again, and ran in a few technical issues.
Deus Ex does not like DEP, but that's easily fixed with an exclusion. My bigger annoyance is that I can't get the D3D10 renderer working.
"Can't initialize Direct3D device" SCREW YOU!

For some reason my sound was also distorted the first few times I launched it but it seems to have fixed itself. God knows how.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

SM64Guy posted:

Do you have a system that can do DirectX10? Like Vista and an 8800 or better? If so could you look at the log file and email the author of it

:rolleyes:

Do you really think I'd try using DX10 on an unsupported system and then wonder why it doesn't work?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Hard Clumping posted:

Or you can just kill him without doing all that, which is what I did the first time around. Jock asks why JC killed the mechanic, and he basically shrugs it off and doesn't give a poo poo. Only then do we discover the bomb. JC is the luckiest motherfucker in the world sometimes.

e: f,b

I killed him after finding the body of the real mechanic.

Better safe than sorry.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Anyone else get broken lipsync in the D3D10 renderer with bump mapping on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

HoldYourFire posted:

I hate to make the obvious joke, but how could you tell? :colbert:

Because the audio starts and stops at different points than the lip movements. DUH. :colbert: