Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008
Yay, a Deus Ex Megathread :neckbeard: Just what I always wanted

My parents bought it for me for Christmas when I was around 12. I didn't ask for any games that year but I guess they just picked up one from a bargain bin because it was cheap (times were hard back then). Just so happened to be Deus Ex which became my most favourite game ever :) Thanks parents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008
So, serious question. Who ever went out of their way to ensure Miguel got out of the MJ12 facility with you alive

I do it every playthrough. I just feel the need to protect the courageous little bastard :ohdear:

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

That has to be some unfinished part of the game - why didn't that have any consequences?

Dunno. Would have been cool to have him randomly show up later on in the game. Does shifter award skill points for doing this? The vanilla game doesn't apparently. Not that I need any incentive tosave that crazy knife wielding maniac :patriot:

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

Not quite as good as gumball dad killing the anime guy, but I'm proud of finding this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQvtdw6g4BQ

I should really reinstall the game and FRAPS so I can re-shoot this in 720p.

See, this is why I love Deus Ex. I must have played through that section 30 times over the 8 years I've had this game and only now am I finding out there's a loving grate above the data chamber

God drat

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008
It makes me glad when people get into the game now. It's proof that the game hasn't aged that badly :)

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008

Tanith posted:

Real pros mod the stealth pistol anyway, forget the regular 10mm.

10mm does more damage :) Not that it matters. Usually I play this game by running up to people and popping them in the head point blank. They usually don't start shooting until you're breathing on them

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008
I missed the DXMP discussion but back when I was about 14 I made a map for my clan that was basically a long, wide and tall corridor with walls at either end that had player operated windows you could open and close to snipe the people at the other side whenever they opened their windows to take a pop at you. Also, there was a keypad that led to a secret room with a computer linked to security cameras all around the map so I could chill out in there and watch the fighting :smug:

After that idea I tried to make a massive office block for all the members of my clan so you could just idle your computer in there and chat like a 3d IRC. It was pretty sweet. Never finished it though.

God I miss the days of UnrealEd. Making content for games was so easy and fun

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008
Deus Ex is the reason you can't kill kids in games anymore

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008
I've bought this game like, 4 times over my life. Just bought it again on Steam. Glad to see that it runs just fine in 1440x900 with 32 bit textures :) No need to mod at all

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008

ShineDog posted:

I've got to say that the setting for HR appeals to me more than vanilla Deus Ex. Theres something quite effecting about sacrificing your human meatbody for upgrades, and it's an idea at the heart of cyberpunk. I know that it's fully plot justified but the idea of the nano upgrade being better in every way just doesnt have the same appeal.

JC had glowing eyes and some blue lines etched into him. Gunther Herman, and Anna Navarre made themselves grotesque in order to be better warriors, clearly made a sacrifice, and that plot was fun to explore. Looking forward to turning myself into a hideous hunky freak in HR.

Did you play Too Human? lovely gameplay aside, I think you'd enjoy the premise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008
Gave a friend of mine my DX disk about a year ago in an effort to get him to play it. He never did, so I bought it for him :)

Edit: He probably still won't play it