Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I can never find the time to beat this game. I've had it on Steam for a while and I know it's a great game since I've played it many times. Something always seems to come up and force me to give up.

I was stuck on the part where you drop into some base from the roof and there are 2 robots guarding the room. I never got passed that part. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I hope I haven't been reading some major spoilers. I just started playing again and hope to finish the game this time.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Is the Lightsaber the best melee weapon in the game? I just got it and I'm tearing bitches up. I don't even bother going Solid Snake on them anymore.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I can see that things don't respawn in this game. What would happen if you just murdered everything and everyone you came across? What kind of ending would you get?

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Shumagorath posted:

Be warned that Shifter will not work on the Steam version... or perhaps I'm mis-informed. I read that to make the EXE tie into Steam it has to have some extra code that Shifter doesn't understand.

I've been using the Shifter mod with the Steam version. It runs just fine.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Finally beat Deus Ex after 10 years of saying "I will beat Deus Ex some day!".

What a great game. I chose to merge with Helios at the end as I saw it was really the only viable option. My understanding is that JC will become some kind of cybernetic god and rule the world with the help of Helios? That's pretty bad rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

silvergoose posted:

More or less.

Honestly, it's more informative to tell us what combat style you used. :)

Stealth, sniper rifle, pistol, nonlethal, blow everything up, melee, etc. So much replayability because of that.

Which style is the one where you go around and murder everyone with the Lightsaber + bullet resist aug? I also killed Simmons with the GEP gun, it seemed like the only logical solution at the time.