Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loving love this game. I can't get past the final level, so I'm just doing another playthrough. I love how you can kill certain soldiers and then Joseph will comment on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kotau posted:

Use a fire extinguisher on the beer you give to Jock. He's your goddamn pilot, treat him well.
Does that actually work? I've heard that it does, and I've heard that it doesn't.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flannelette posted:

I'd recommend the melee aug over the strength aug since being able to pick up heavy crates isn't that useful unless you're going to be dropping them on people but this choice is just personal preference anyway.

Anything planned for the 10 year anniversary?
But killing people with heavy crates is the best part of this game.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daedalus1134 posted:

I pronounced it that way longer than I care to admit. :downs:
Same here. Then again, I was fairly young when I first played it.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nebs posted:

I recently started my first Deus Ex playthrough and so far the most fun I've had (about 3h in) was shooting every single friendly npc I can (sort of disappointed some of them are unkillable) and making them constantly attack eachother while I sit back and watch, mesmerized (most notably, Anna Navarre and a random guard vs a lady with pepperspray who likes to hang out in the restroom). Is this normal :psyduck:?
It's normal, but if you install Shifter, don't do it. You lose skill points.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do you have to take some alternate route to merge with Helios? I went to the place with Bob Page in that forcefield thing, but can't find a way to do it.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trying to do a nonlethal run right now. How do you guys manage to do the subway hostage rescue? I'm playing on Realistic.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BattleMaster posted:

Do you have a laser sight on your crossbow? When I attacked the subway the other day, I went to the middle vent, quickly took out the two guys I could see with head hits, reloaded, then jumped down and quickly took out the other 2 or 3 guys with head hits. You pretty much can't hope to do that without a laser sight, though, because the jump out of the vent will kill your accuracy.
How common are tranqs later on? I'm down to 6 and want to save them for an emergency.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best part of this game is JC's "Who are you?!" if you pick the Helios ending.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game is the best. I was on my second playthrough at the NSF generator, and I saw some guards gathered around an explosive barrel, so I figured "eh, why the hell not" and shot it. Generator went boom, mission accomplished.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One thing I've always wondered: How come the plasma gun has a Doom-style view on it, while everything else is traditional FPS? Was the game originally intended to have every weapon like that?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was halfway through the game and decided to start a nonlethal game. Then, I saved it OVER THE SLOT WITH MY HALF-DONE SAVE :argh:

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KillHour posted:

This just means you get to play 50% more Deus Ex. :colbert:
That actually made me feel better.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just realized that you can use cigarettes as basically a single shot peppergun. This goddamn game.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Momomo posted:

I can't play the Nameless Mod because I got stuck on the part where you have to hack the server or something. I tried looking everywhere in the building but I just couldn't find it, I even tried noclipping through everything. I just didn't feel it was worth playing.
Take the elevator to the 3rd floor and multitool the retina scanner to get in, then look around a bit. There should be a key to the room it's in.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I really should get back to playing this. I'm really early on, at the point where I'm at Paul's apartment and have been declared a traitor to Unatco, so I must flee the city. I've defeated the bunch that storms the apartment, but there's a ton of them in the lobby. I've tried fighting them, but it's not very effective, even though Paul comes out to join in the fighting. If I die, I wake up in a cell, so I guess it's not exactly game over. Is it worth trying to kill all the people in the lobby? Will Paul be okay later on if I get caught (killed) in the lobby of the Ton?
The only reason to fight your way out and into the streets instead of just smoking 10 packs to suicide into your jail cell is so that you can go to the subway and kill Anna Navarre if you haven't done so already. Just make sure not to leave out the window, whatever you do.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fuzz posted:

The graphics are literally the only thing that keeps DX feeling dated and makes it a hard sell to new (millennial) gamers.
...And having to sit still for 5 minutes to actually shoot accurately until you upgrade your skills doesn't feel dated? I'm not saying it's a bad design decision, but it's definitely dated at this point.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jojoinnit posted:

In Invisible War one of the characters is a helicopter.
You don't remember the riveting conversations you had with Black Helicopter in DX1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xander77 posted:

I'm sure GMDX changed the levels and the enemy AI in some way. That's not what struck me while playing it though.
"GMDX is Deus Ex, but without the fun parts". Done.
Got it, I have now changed my opinion to the objectively correct one. If you have time, I'd love for you to go through the games I'm currently playing and let me know which ones are actually bad so I can stop enjoying the wrong things.