Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

Sorry. I couldn't find anyone to make you a cool cipher-themed avatar, and the look on this guy's face cracks me the fuck up.
This is a great game, it has bugs, but honestly most of them are fun to exploit and a big part of why I still fire it up from time to time. One thing that confused me was what happens if you manage to get into the prison cell with the two NSF guys - getting in there feels like an exploit because the door wont open for you so you have to wait for manderly to come, be standing infront of it when he tries to open it, then when it does you can hit use on him so he gives his "we're looking to you to set an example" speech, which gives you enough time to get inside and the door to shut behind you locking him out (he resumes walking forward against the door but the door wont open again from the outside).

If you manage all this you are free to talk to the NSF guys, you would think they would only have generic stuff to say, however, despite the dodgy means of getting into this room there's a scripted conversation sequence between you and one of them, manderly even stops his head-butting of the door to interject part-way through. Then if you choose to kill or knock out these guys manderly will get upset - "jesus christ denton", this option will also result in the two MIB's outside telling you off. Am I missing a more legitimate method of getting into this room because if not all I can think was they designed a scripted sequence for an encounter they made almost impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

Sorry. I couldn't find anyone to make you a cool cipher-themed avatar, and the look on this guy's face cracks me the fuck up.

quote:

[Questions about the music in the game and obtaining a soundtrack]
I'm not sure if someone has said this already, but there is no need to obtain the special soundtrack CD or any rip thereof - the .umx music files located in the Dues-Ex/Music folder (in the normal version of the game, the steam version may be packaged differently) can be played in foobar directly using the foo_dumb plugin (I can't remember needing the plugin myself - I think there used to be a mod plugin included in some foobar installers which could also be used - so maybe try and play the files before getting the plugin).

There were also a number of winamp plugin's which could be used to play these files - actually, back when I used winamp I had an entire "game music" section in albumlist, and for most games, the music was played directly from the game folders themselves. Notable exceptions were when the music was stored on the game CD as audio tracks (which could be played in a normal CD player), this was common practice until the very late 90's (Half-Life, Total-Annihilation, Interstate '76, Mechwarrior 2, and I believe Age of Empires 2 are examples).