Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Deus Ex was a great game that did a lot of things we take for granted now for the first time. I'm glad I played it within a couple years of it coming out, because it was really mind-blowing and unfortunately I don't see much point in someone used to playing modern games investing a lot of time in it. The only real "oh WOW!" moment that still works is holy poo poo I'm being held in UNATCO HQ! Its time really has passed, and the flaws we overlooked back then (poo poo leveling system, awful character models and animation, worthless shooting) are just massively glaring now.

You can see its influence in modern games. Deus Ex really did show how to do an RPG that wasn't top-down. The Mass Effect games remind me a lot of it...granted, without the child killing - gaming really has lost its spine when it comes to gratuitous violence, shoot someone with a rocket launcher nowadays and they just ragdoll away, no bloody chunks leaving behind red smear decals as the slide away.

Vonkrieger posted:

This game was fun until I got the beam sword.

Why the hell did they put a beam sword in this game?

The real question is why all games don't have a beam sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Adam Bowen posted:

Of course, neither of these games hold your hand and guide you to every single objective with a gigantic loving arrow, while the objective flashes in bright colors just in case you still can't find it, so in that sense they are both outdated.

Games need to make this optional, I loving hate it so much.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Hey dudes I found this in a box of my old stuff at my parents' house, you think I should play it?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

xX_WEED_GOKU_Xx posted:

No, it sucks

Good, so burning the box with the game inside it is