Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
But the strength aug lets you pick up those huge crates, so you can stack them and get on top of nearly everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Jetsetlemming posted:

That reminds me of what's definitely the best Deus Ex mod nobody seems to remember: Hotel Carone.
http://www.carone1.de/HotelCarone/
Its setup is that JC remains with UNATCO and is called in to deal with an unrelated terrorist incident. Carone also made a very handy add-on .u file for modders that allowed for fully functional elevators with multiple stops made easily (There's one of these in Deus Ex, near the end of the game, and it's a hack job, heavily worked around the default failings of DeusExMover using Mission Script and it can only visit 3 floors).

I remember that mod, it was pretty good.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Whenever I leave UNATCO I take a drink from the water fountain. I suspect I'm not the only one.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I think I got myself stuck. I started a low-tech run, and now I find myself in the MJ12 base in the sewers. I got the security login from the guard house opposite where you enter the base, then I disabled all security and opened the door in the left tunnel. However, it seemed to have closed behind me, and can only be opened with a security keypad. The only other exit ahead is also protected by a keypad, and I have no multitools nor the right code. There's a grate beside it, but it's not selectable so I can't lockpick it. I have one LAM but I can't blow anything open :(

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Supreme Court posted:

I just played this part, pretty sure the keypad code is 2167.

(e. you've headed towards the other entrance, btw)

Thanks! Too bad the game crashed when I exited the facility :(

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

etalian posted:

Icarus has you

Actually it apparently autosaved right before it crashed so I could continue normally :)

ALso I snuck into the Ton through the back window in Paul's apartment, during the hostage situation. Near the door to the hallway I dropped some stuff from my inventory, which caused the NSF soldier in the hallway to hulkburst through the door and start shooting at me.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Shifter is worth it just to be able to use Zyme to go into bullettime and hack five UNATCO soldiers to death with a sword in seconds.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Ahaha, you can destroy the little roomba bots by stomping on them enough. It's even more fun than jumping on cats!

I accidentally got stuck on a vacuum cleaner, which promptly blew up and injured the UNATCO soldier next to me, which caused the whole bloody army to go ape and kill me. It was just an accident guys :(

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sten Freak posted:

I had one, and aqualung, and never found anything of interest outside (the large hatch with the red square light on it in a partially flooded room). There's stuff outside this hatch one can swim to?

I once brought a few Rebreathers, Aqualung, an upgraded Swimming skill, and Regeneration and tried to swim to the surface. Turns out you can't, but JC can hold his breath for a really long time!

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

jonjonaug posted:

1. Breaking into the police station is a pretty surefire way to get shot at. Being an enemy of the Hong Kong police would be inconvenient for JC.

The great thing about that is that 'inconvenience' is really all the Hong Kong police is to JC Denton.

Anyway, I'm doing a low-tech run, and it's surprisingly easy. Crowbar/Sword/Dragon's Tooth in combination with Zyme and a Gas Grenade solves pretty much any situation with only minor damage (to JC).

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CaptainWinky posted:

In Shifter, zyme gives you 10 or so seconds of bullet time before the drunkvision kicks in.

When that happens I always huddle in a corner until it's over. After clearing the MJ12 barracks in the helicopter base in Hong Kong I had JC shower until the effect wore off. I like to realistically portray junkie JC for some reason.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I want that mod so badly now :(

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

mp5 posted:

You might have missed the part where the credits are your score

Wait, what?

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Angry Diplomat posted:

edit: next time I get to the bit with JoJo, I'm giving Mr. Renton a LAW rocket and watching from the safety of the upstairs balcony.

I tried this. It ended with Renton unable to get a lock, after which Jojo simply shot him.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

...of SCIENCE! posted:

And on the flipside, if you have a fully-leveled Aggressive Defense Drone aug the super Templars just blow themselves up because the rocket launcher is all they have.

Don't they also have machine guns in their arms?

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Word of warning to those using Shifter/BioMod: level transitions are wonky when you're high on Zyme. Somehow after the effect wears off, after a level transition, everything moves at double speed. I thought restarting the game and reloading the save would fix it but it didn't :(

And I'd have to recheck but I think even loading an earlier save and exiting the level even without Zyme gave me double speed after it happened, like the level itself became bugged. Maybe the PC needed restarting, I haven't checked since.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Reminder that Xcom has a pump-action laser shotgun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sleeveless posted:

It's so well-known that I didn't think about it. Bioshock, Human Revolution, and Dishonored also have 0451 combination locks at the beginning, the tradition is still going strong.

It goes all the way back to the original System Shock, where it was the code of the first door you encountered.