Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

jusion posted:

Unless you're running the game on a 2000 pentium 4 system at 640x480, you'll probably want to download and run this:
http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/

drat you!
I've been getting all A's in school and have a major project due tomorrow...but being able to play Deus Ex on a modern computer without graphic errors is just too tempting...
Looks like I know what I'll be doing the rest of the week. :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not sure why everyone is having such issues with the HUD.
I'm using the DX10 launcher that was linked earlier in the thread to play the game, and after plugging in my resolution and aspect ratio it scaled the hud accordingly (and it doesn't look bad, actually).
Not sure what to say. If anyone has hud problems and they're playing in 16:9 let me know and I'll post the values I'm using to see if that makes any difference for you.

Anyway, I forgot how great this game is. It's amazing how gameplay-wise, this is by far one of the best games out there. It's definitely dated, but it's still plenty of fun to play.

One thing to note about the awesome shifter mod: JoJo drops a custom silenced pistol if he dies. It's more accurate and does more damage than the regular silenced pistol.

Not sure what other unique weapons there are in the game besides the one in Paris people keep mentioning though. I've been looking in every nook and cranny so I doubt I could have missed anything...