Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Go with Christ
Jan 14, 2006

"Teacher,which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" She replied, "Clean your stove with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." :chef:
I'm just about to go through Versalife for the second time, and I wanted to share some of the little things about the game.

1. Shifter is the loving balls. Yeah, it fixes the inventory glitch, the pause-during-lockpicking/multitooling glitch, the infinite-skillpoint glitch, and the Dragon's Tooth is no longer a "break all doors forever" weapon - but of the features:

• NPC random loot table - especially nice for the MiB/WiB, gives a reason to do for a knockout.
  • Skill points for kills/knockouts based on difficulty and how you did it - downing a MJ12 commando with a riot prod or pistol headshots will give more that just chucking a LAM.
  • Stealth skillpoint bonus for not killing people, and sneaking around them.
  • YOU WILL NOT PICK UP THE COMBAT KNIFE IF YOU HAVE A BETTER MELEE ITEM IN INVENTORY.
  • Zyme actually does something useful before it goes into super-drunk mode.
  • Unique weapons - nothing gamebreaking except lol railgun in Paris but a nice touch and plus for exploring
  • SKUL GUN.
  • Unrealistic mode. Greasels with shotguns.

2. Map glitch in the Canals, where the tunnel under Tonnochi Road has a part of the wall missing and you can walk on water in a part. You can see the dead scientist surrounded by karkians with the aug upgrade through the invisible wall. Very weird the first time.

3. The Triads / Monks speak Cantonese. "Neh hoh ma" is How are you? and "Um goi ge gao" is Excuse me. Just a random touch.

4. Enemy Within (the music when you escape the MJ12 base into Unatco HQ is such a fantastic song.

Has anyone here done a full non-lethal run? I stayed non-lethal (including no turret dickery, and even moving bodies before blowing up the NSF generator) up until the raid on the 'Ton, where even Paul started loving poo poo up. Supposedly you can even get past Anna Navarre if you injure before the scripted convo kicks in, the last time you fight.

Go with Christ fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 11, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go with Christ
Jan 14, 2006

"Teacher,which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" She replied, "Clean your stove with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." :chef:

Shifty Scandaroon posted:

Has anybody figured out how to open that god drat safe in Manderly's office?

It's impossible as far as I know without no-clipping.

Go with Christ
Jan 14, 2006

Phenotype posted:

There's a Youtube video up somewhere if you search. Basically, you throw a LAM after she finishes talking, and her AI will run away from it, and sometimes she'll run through and unlock the locked door that you're only supposed to access once you take the key from her corpse.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to, except the one I saw built a box tower to bypass the two staircases and threw the LAM before the scripting.