Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowbo
Jan 16, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JQGEVNebjs

Been really digging Instra:mental. The Autonomic podcasts are super good, and so is their Fabriclive mix

Lowbo fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 14, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowbo
Jan 16, 2010
I've been listening to Noisia's essential mix a bunch, and it's really cool. I've never been a drum and bass fan and it's really bringing me into it.

I can find all the normal dnb I want, but the parts that really interested me were when it dropped into halftime, like Head Knot, Soul Purge, or the intro to Contact.

I think halftime dnb is really tight, but I can't find anyone else doing it besides Noisia. Otherwise, its just a couple scattered songs like Rusko - Hold On (Sub Focus Remix). Any suggestions?

Lowbo fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 12, 2010

Lowbo
Jan 16, 2010
I know plenty of dubstep, but it's a lot slower. I think DnB is typically at 170ish bpm, right? So halftime is around 85 bpm instead of 70, which has a much bouncier feel.

I don't know why that tempo isn't being explored more, cause I love that groove. Guess I have to make it myself...

Lowbo
Jan 16, 2010

dethkon posted:

Nah you're right, my bad.

There's that, and I just love the energy DnB has. Like if you listen to Rusko - Hold On (Sub Focus Remix) you have the really groovy halftime kick and snare rhythm, but also the hectic hihats and ghost snares, etc that give the song so much energy. I just think it works really well and I'm suprised there isn't more of it.