Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Heya. Been playing Mekwars for a few years, but I can't get my local store to pick Battletech up. There many of us around these parts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
God, I've always wanted to get in on some real battletech. But sadly all I've ever done is megamek. I play on the Legends server at the moment.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3455348

To anyone interested, starting up a strategy game sorta thing using megamek. Slots for factions are already taken, but joni #megamek on synirc if you want to try rolling up a mercenary company for the faction players to hire. It'll be awesome.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So yesterday I sat down to play in our 40k league.

Halfway through two guys showed up and started pulling out battletech mapsheets. I made two friends.

First time I've seen battletech played in this city without me having to drag people into it. They're wanting me to join a Mechwarrior 3rd edition game.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Played some battletech at dragoncon this weekend, some really good poo poo.

Had the biggest game I've ever been part of. A 12 v 12 with 3 lance commanders on each team. Kurita vs GDL in 3039. It was pretty nuts. My banshee 3S took a PPC to the head that blew its head off as the first shot at it which I was a little salty about but it was really fun.

I also got to play in the battlemech pods. Holy poo poo those were fun. Ended up doing 5 games in the pods, jumping around in the thor and wrecking people was so good.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Strobe posted:

How'd the game end up? What else were you running?

We got our asses kicked by GDL pretty bad, but it was fun. My banshee was the first mech to go down and after that we went full banzai and stopped giving a poo poo, leading to a very bloody fight. My commando kicked a victor which then fell on its head, which was pretty hilarious. Immediately before this kick he took an AC 20 to the arm but the commando stayed on his feet.

My lance was BNC-3S, grand dragon, stinger, commando

Second lance was atlas, awesome, rifleman (ac 10 one), warhammer

Third lance was quickdraw, 2 hunchbacks (AC 20, AC 10), panther

Opposing us was a stalker, zeus, archer, awesome, victor, warhammer, rifleman, grasshopper, centurion, jenner, spider, ostscout

Stalker and atlas were 2 gunners as the COs, everyone else was a 3 gunner. Most were 3/5, XOs were 3/4

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Sep 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
He used a great initiative system I'm going to steal

He had a bag of red and blue poker chips with numbers written on them, which corresponds to each mech. When a mech gets pulled it moves. Made it real easy to coordinate 24 mechs and 6 players.

• Locked thread