Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

158 grains of smiley powered justice
Is Veil going to have MCE integrated into it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

Is there anyway to turn off duplication for individual folders? I am starting to rip some blu rays and I really don't want 80gb taken up for space instead of the standard 40gb.

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

modeski posted:

Yeah, I'm thinking about that as well. Currently speccing out a WHS box, and at the moment considering having a 64Gb SSD for the OS, and four of those 2Tb WD green drives.
I thought it was a bad idea to have the OS drive be separate from the the share drives.

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

Anyone here run the logitech slimserver for streaming music? I installed it last night on the home server but I can't figure out how to stream music from it now.

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

My whs committed suicide last night

Rip opteron single core 2gb system. I have an X4 PII with 4gb of ram that I was going to use for another build that looks like it is now going to be moved over to WHS.

Is it really as easy as just putting in the OEM disk and selecting re-install and NOT NEW INSTALLATION?

I have to make certain that all my sata drives match up on the correct ports on the new system also. Sata1 on the old is sata1 on the new? I also have a sata card that I had to use because I ran out of ports with this old one, I have two extra ports on the new motherboard so I shouldn't even need the old card correct?

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

the total size was about 5gb with duplication. Can I just plug one of the drives into my wokrstation and retreive my pictures though? Its all sata so I figured I could just hot swap it as I have heard you can do that.

Edit-Just tried pluggin in the drive through a usb adapter. the drive appeared and appeared with the space that I remember on whs but there wasn't any data in the drive. So the drive was almost full by windows standards but I couldn't see anything.

Is this stuff hidden?

stgdz fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 11, 2010

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

I meant to say 5tb and I am recovering my important files now.

Well this isn't fun, WHS just booted up and skipped over the re-install CD. The new motherboard never recognized my old rear end CD drive so it went straight to the regular boot prompt.

stgdz fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 11, 2010

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

Well this is kinda frustrating, I can't connect to the console anymore through the connector software on my client. Using RDC though I can connect to WHS and then on the WHS desktop I can use the connector software.

any ideas? I get a error saying that TCP/IP went to poo poo on the WHS desktop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

re-installing the connector did nothing, I tried that last night and I can get to whs from 5500 in IE I believe and then I downloaded the connector software through it.

Re-install did nothing and the re-install process found WHS.

• Locked thread