Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I'm running WHS v1 and have been for a few years now. I started getting errors on the system drive the other day, so did a drive clone to another (larger) drive. What I'm wondering is if anyone has done this, and found a way to extend the "data" partition on the system drive. Right now there is a terabyte sitting unused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Drizzt01 posted:

You can extend the Partition using diskpart in server 2003, however I do not know if it is safe with WHSv1 since the D drive is special.

That was my real question, is it safe to do so, and, will it even work.

I'm thinking about WHS 2012 anyhow, so for the time being I'm just going to let it ride the way it is.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

EC posted:

Anybody have any recommendations on a new 3tb internal drive? I'm looking at this Seagate model since it's cheap and I get free shipping via Prime.

Seems like a solid choice.

• Locked thread