Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

Cryptic Edge posted:

I have the Acer Aspire easyStore and the only issue I have with it is the total lack of video port (or enough space to put in a PCI-E card) for when the newest version of home server comes out and its time to do an upgrade.

Anyone tried an external USB video card on one of these types of setups and know if it will work? The only other option would be to custom build a new one and migrate off of it. I'd rather not if I can avoid it though.

This is funny because I just accidentally disabled the NIC on my easyStore, and I can't find the restore CDs. I'm thinking that my options now are:

1) Reboot it and hope it decides that it doesn't like booting without the NIC on.
2) Use the reset button and hope that WHS Console on my PC will connect to it.

Any other bright ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
Comedy option: plug in a usb wifi adapter and open my wifi for 5 minutes, then hope it jumps onto my network automatically.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
How does one go about installing Vail over WHSv1? Upgrade install?

Say I wanted to install the OS fresh, what would be the best way to keep the data on the storage drives intact and readable from the new operating system?

• Locked thread