Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chronic Reagan
Oct 13, 2000

pictures of plastic men
Fun Shoe

SaviourX posted:

I'm going to throw in the dissenting opinion here and say that (in the first 120 pages of TBI), his prose was pretty weak, and the plot didn't grab me. That coupled with his 'I don't really read fantasy and I didn't write much before this' spiel already threw me off.
This comment is a couple of weeks old, but I agree. I've said it before, but The Blade Itself is a 500 page prologue. There's some great characters, but no real plot movement until the next two books. That said, the next two books (and Best Served Cold) deliver on everything you could want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronic Reagan
Oct 13, 2000

pictures of plastic men
Fun Shoe
Abercrombie will have a short story in the anthology 'Swords and Dark Magic' coming out in a couple of weeks for those in need of a fix before 'Heroes' comes out, along with some other unknowns like Michael Moorcock and Glen Cook.

Table of Contents

Chronic Reagan
Oct 13, 2000

pictures of plastic men
Fun Shoe

Decius posted:

Thanks a lot for the link, 10 seconds later I had it on my Kindle. Gotta love the Brave New World we're living in :D.
I just read the story yesterday. It's a nice little story about a band of misfits in the North. Curious to know if the characters are going to be featured in 'The Heroes', or if this story will have no bearing on the new book. It's relatively short (27 pages), so I'm not sure it's worth picking the book up unless you are interested in some of the other authors, too.