Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Coming from reading Martin's ASOIAF it's nice to see the the role of direct magic in a fantasy setting. Finally we have Dresden level magic practitioners who are completely over powered it's almost unfair. I'm wrapping up the first book in TFL series. If it wasn't for the spoilers in this thread I wouldn't think Logen as such a bad rear end. You'd think 3 guys in an alley wouldn't seem like such a big deal for this Conan-esque barbarian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm 3/5 of the way through the final book in The Blade Itself trilogy. I wanted to know if it's ever addressed exactly why Bayaz wanted NineFingers spared by Bethod? Is it solely because he can talk to spirits?

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
One of the things I'm always speculating to myself about is how big of a role does Bayaz play with his force meditation-esque abilities. Whenever Jezal is giving a speech or doing something that his inner monologue tells us hes finding difficulty with and Bayaz is nearby I think oh that must be Bayaz doing force mind tricks on him to give him more courage or find just the right words to say.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
An odd request but could someone spoil the major events that happened at the end of BSC? I never finished the book and left it back home but I've been holding off Heroes because of this.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So for those who read both stand-alone novels. Which one reads better?