Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
didi-mau
May 1, 2007
"He’d sell you for a muffin"
Shot a short clip a couple of weeks ago on the 5DMk II.

https://www.riddip.com

There's also a couple of other videos I shot last year on there.

The hardest part for me is dealing with the H264 codec on a PC through Premiere. The timeline has to be re-rendered every time you adjust something on the timeline which makes the whole process painfully slow.

After all that it's still a trial to find the right export settings for uploading to vimeo or youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

didi-mau
May 1, 2007
"He’d sell you for a muffin"
Is it possible to convert the H264 files to AVCHD through through Premiere?

because a lot of the workflows I was looking at recommended doing that or converting it to another codec but they almost always recommended Mac software or Cineform which I don't really want to pay for.

I think the problem I had with export settings was that file types, including those that run in quicktime wont run properly from my HDD so I don't want to spend hours uploading files I can't even preview to see if they work on the net. Other video formats have stalled or been rejected by vimeo's auto-uploader.

my wmv preset is the only one that consistantly uploads and I'm pretty sure I'm losing quite a lot in the translation from H264 to WMV to MP4s or whatever vimeo uses.

waiting for things to export and having them look like complete shite or waiting for things to upload and then having them lag or not play at all has been very frustrating.

It ought to be easy though. I'm using a popular piece of hardware, a very widespread codec and a fairly popular editing application. There should be workflows out there.

• Locked thread