Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

The story arc where George ends up accidentally killing his fiancee (big sighs of relief) with cheap envelopes was pretty dark, as well as exposing her father's gay affair with Norman Mailer.
I love Susan's family (especially her brother and aunt) and everything having to do with the Rosses so I have to correct you and say it was John Cheever.

"Dear Henry, last night with you was bliss. I fear my... orgasm has left me a cripple. I don't know how I shall ever get back to work. I love you madly,
John.
P.S. Loved the cabin!"

e: This has me thinking that one of my favorite parts of the show has always been minor characters, especially one-offs, even moreso not one-off characters significant to a specific episode like the soup nazi or any of Jerry's girlfriends but just some of the random cityfolk. Like the shopkeeper who was spraying the sidewalk until Elaine complained to a cop so he had to use a broom and then George's car fire couldn't be put out.

ee: so the procession of people who wouldn't give the gang a ride in the parking garage was spectacular. Scientology jokes dating almost 20 years back

Your Proud Pal fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 23, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

I almost bought a maroon golf when I was looking at new cars a few years ago just because of Seinfeld.

I love that one of my friends has an 89 LeBaron

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

I knew it!

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

And you're gonna need it

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Hipster_Doofus posted:

beersmoke

this is harder than it looks

Kramer's physical comedy is always so funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7idHsDQ5XP0

Your Proud Pal fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Apr 27, 2010

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Diar posted:

Here is a bunch more Larry David in Seinfeld cameos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x_zywldo4M&feature=related

I thought I was pretty good about spotting him, but wow there's more than I thought. LIKE FLAMING GLOBES

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

I loved all the fake movies they came up with.

"Sack Lunch" Look at them! How's they get in that sack? Is it a big sack, or did they get shrunk?

"PROGNOSES NEGATIVE!!"

"Cry, Cry Again." You cry, and then you see her dance...and you cry again.

"Rochelle, Rochelle" A young girls' erotic journey from Milan to Minsk.

Because they also used real movies sometimes (The English Patient, Schindler's List, Plan 8 from outer space, Home Alone (the old man got to me too, George) Breakfast at Tiffany's, I sometimes would scour Blockbuster for a copy of Checkmate or Chunnel.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

Also there's about 20-25 minutes of outtakes per season, and they're really funny. Excellent DVD's.

And they're all on Youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7IPnPTF7fA
So ridiculous in the video store when Kramer is posing above the sign reading "comedy"

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

kaworu posted:

One thing I can't help but notice in all these clips is the laugh track, it's just so unbelievable awful. It's honestly shocking how used to those I was on basically every single comedy show in the '90s, while now they are (blessedly) very rare. Really distracting when it almost overwhelms the dialogue to the point where you can barely hear it.

I'm pretty sure they used a live studio audience (specifically I think they rehearsed it in front of one, and used the laughter from the rehearsal as the laugh track) which is much better and more organic than the canned poo poo, making it more like stand-up comedy than normal sitcom laugh tracks. There's a blooper where George refers specifically to the laughing audience.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Kramer killed Marty Benson. Probably others. You think these hands have been soaking in Ivory Liquid?

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

got dat wmd posted:

Larry Charles is loving psychotic and every episode he did had weirdness, taboo or violence in it.

He looks and dresses like a homeless man

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

haljordan posted:

Yesss the speed dial episode is on TBS right now.

"Poison Control? That's even higher than #1!"

edit: Also, George trying to get fired. "Attention front office morons...your accomplishments are meaningless!"

Elaine's problem in this one is fantastic.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Cancer? Is it cancer?!

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

million to one shot, doc

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Supreme Allah posted:

I thought the stuff under the wedding cake piece were Twix but then I saw them behind George.. so what's under the cake

butter

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Think where man's glory most begins and ends and say my glory was I had such a friend :)

On the topic of awkwardly using Seinfeld moments In Real Life, I've put that Yeats quote on a few cards. Never tried Jerry's card though...

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C02lvgmm4DQ

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

He pulled the lever on the machine but the Clark Bar didn't come out!

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

stratdax posted:

I don't know any of the songs on the show. Lemon Tree? Whatever song George is singing when he's driving around in Jon Voight's car? Dunno.

Actually I know Downtown, but that's it.

deessssperado :smith:

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

OldSenileGuy posted:

Cheese and biscuits, you're right! It is on the DVD!

Click here for the full 1118x746 image.

What is that in the window above George's head? I'm sure it's a lamp or something like that but it looks like a face and it's scaring me

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

That's what I was thinkin but it couldn't possibly be his reflection maybe thats the Seinfeld ghost.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

On the one hand he's smart with rockets and on the other hand he's dumb with parking.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

The pig says "my wife is a slut"?!

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Most of my insincere friends know exactly where they can stuff their "sorry"s.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Eclipse12 posted:

That seems like the premise, but I swear it happened in the show, and a later season. The problem being that with an 8-9 foot ceiling he only had about 4 feet to stand up. Now I'm questioning my whole existence.

This just sounds like some fantastic fever dream you had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

So due to not seeing Seinfeld when it first aired, and only having TBS to watch syndicated episodes, I'd never seen the Puerto Rican Day parade episode. Until now, at least, and by god I think it's my favorite. George feuding, Elaine making out under the bleachers, and Vandelay, Kel Varnsen, and AJ Pennypacker at his absolute best. What an episode.