Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The best blooper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2LdHH0hmHY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

hall n oates mom posted:

People with no critical credentials whatsoever love saying this because it's populist and fronts a false aura of superiority while knowing they'll never be asked to qualitatively justify their reasoning. THere are no bad seasons of Seinfeld, and as a crazy fan who knows entire chunks of episodes by rote in dialogue and on-screen antics, several of my favortie episodes are in the final season (The Slicer, The Strike, The Frogger, The Dealership, The Merv Griffin Show).

Exactly. The show was so in the groove by the point Larry David left that it really didn't matter THAT much. It was in good hands and the cast wasn't going to let it going to drop off.

The last two seasons are two of the best IMO. While Larry may not have been writing the episodes, his footprint is ALL OVER the show by that point.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I almost bought a maroon golf when I was looking at new cars a few years ago just because of Seinfeld.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I recently rewatched the Seinfeld finale. My wife had never seen it, but she really likes the show, so I got it for her. It ended up being a lot better than I recalled. It was surprising.

I remember thinking that upon rewatching it later.

I was only 13 when the show ended, but I'd pretty much been raised on it and reruns of Cheers thanks to my dad, grandpa, uncle and cousins who all quoted it endlessly at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc.

When the finale originally aired even I, at 13, was like WTF IS THIS?

But now, after the fact, I realized it was a really, really solid episode that I discounted because my expectations were so high initially.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tiny Fistpump posted:

It's bullshit that the Puerto Rican parade episode will never be aired in syndication

That's been lifted as far as I know.

I've definitely seen it on TBS at least twice.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

kefkafloyd posted:

I still get a chuckle out of the rear end MASTER license plate debacle.

ASSMAN

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

One of my favorite moments is from The Bris:

"Darling, you see where that glass is? How that glass is near the edge of the table. You got the whole table there to put the glass, why you chose the absolute edge, so half the glass is hanging off the table, you breath and that glass falls over, then you're gonna have broken glass on the carpet, embedded in the carpet fibers, deep, deep in the shag, broken glass, bits of broken glass that you never get out. you can't get it out with a vacuum cleaner. Even on your hands and knees with a magnifying glass, you can't get all the pieces, and then you think you got it all and two years later, you're walkin' barefoot and you step on a piece of broken glass and you kill yourself, is that what you want? I don't think you want that, is it? .. Do you?"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Someone mentioned a Parks Department at work just now and I made a comment about Cousin Jeffrey without thinking.

I love this show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

When I played tennis in high school, I would heckle the other team with Milos lines. It was amazing.

That episode is loving incredible.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

When Seinfeld first aired, nearly every sitcom was a Miller-Boyette gimmick-fest like Perfect Strangers. All of them had a hook. Seinfeld was one of the first of that time just to be a sitcom with no gimmick. That's what the moniker is all about.

Perfect Strangers owns pretty loving hard

Balki is really awesome. The only bad thing about Perfect Strangers is that it gave us Family Matters.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

And you....how many Twix does that make for you? That's like EIGHT TWIX.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

TWIIIXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know too many monkeys who could take apart a fuel injector.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Poque posted:

Only I hold the answer key to their true candy identities. And so, without further ado, I give you.. the Candy Line-Up™.

hey, this clark bar is good

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Poque posted:

It's a Twix. THEY'RE ALL TWIX!

I think that's my favorite episode of the entire series.

Puddy is the star of that episode. Absolute gold the entire way through.

"Listen to me. When that car rolls into that dealership, and that tank is bone dry, I want you to be there with me when everyone says, 'Kramer and that other guy, oh, they went further to the left of the slash than anyone ever dreamed!'" is one of the best lines of the whole series for me, too.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

William Pahllace posted:

She immitates those so perfectly. And when she does it she just makes her whole body go limp.

Puddy is just so laid back.

You stole my jesus fish!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Martytoof posted:

Haha no problem.

Which episode has George's giant wallet? I'm so close to the end of the series and I think I accidentally skipped it.

The Reverse Peephole

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

MAN: What’s the one with the swirling chocolate in the commercial?

GEORGE: They all have swirling chocolate in the commercial!

WILLIE SR: Not Skittles.

The way that guy says "Not Skittles." is one of the best lines from the show. I completely lose it every time I see that ep and hear the Skittles line.

A NICKEL!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

explosivo posted:

I love the scene where it finally bursts, the "PWOOF" it makes gets me every time.

Kramer and Newman finding the coat in the tree will always make me laugh uncontrollably

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Stare-Out posted:

There are a few amazing outtakes of that, I can't believe Julia got through it eventually because I can't not laugh when I watch that scene.

If she can eventually make it through "What the HELL does that mean?" she can make it through anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kevyn posted:

What's the joke? I'm guessing something to do with actual nazis?

I always assumed it was about the gay bully