Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
"And so concerned was he that word of his poor tennis skills might leak out, he chose to offer you his wife as some sort of medieval sexual payola?"
"He's new around here..."

Whenever a number I don't recognize rings me up I answer with "Vandelay Industries, Kel Varnsen speaking." Lately I've been mixing it up with Kramerica Industries as well.

Seinfeld is the air that I breath. I can have entire hour long conversations with some of my friends using solely Seinfeld quotes.
Curb Your Enthusiasm, on the other hand, makes me cringe. I simply hate that show. I don't really get it when people praise it as a successor to Seinfeld. I never got past the second season, it was too painful to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSf2O80brbU

My other favorite intro is for the Merv Griffin Show, which I can't seem to find:

Kramer: We're like Cain and Abel.
Jerry: You know Cain slew Abel.
Kramer: No he didn't. They were in business together...drywall or something.
Jerry: The way I remember it, Abel worked all summer harvesting his crops, while Cain just played in the field. Then when winter came, Abel had all the nuts. Cain had no nuts. So he killed him.
Kramer: See, the way I remember it, Cain - he was a successful doctor, but when he took this special formula, he became Mr Abel.
Jerry: You broke my blender, didn't you?
Kramer: Yeah, I was trying to make gravel, and it just, didn't work out.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

myron_cope posted:

I don't remember this at all. Is this where they are walking down the street and come up to the dumpster? I've seen that a bunch of times but TBS always seems to start right when they come up to the dumpster.

As I understand it was cut in syndication. Which makes the exchange between Jerry and Kramer after the cue (right before they find the set) a bit out of place:

Jerry: Why were you making gravel?
Kramer: Well... I like the sound it makes when you walk on it.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Supreme Allah posted:

Re last page of discussion, Kramer did bad stuff - In The Junior Mint he refuses to let Jerry tell the doctor about the fact that they dropped a mint into the patient even though the guy might be dying. In The Marine Biologist he almost kills a whale. In The Parking Lot he encourages, in fact goads both George and Jerry into public urination. He's the embodiment of mooching and troublemaking, just as big a jerk as the rest.

"But you WILL, be using a retractor?"

I'll give you the mint, but the whale was unintentional (and unpredictable), and in the parking lot, you can argue he's doing it because he wants to help his friends avoid future medical problems with their bladders. Are you aware that adult diapers are a 600 million dollars-a-year industry?

Kramer is the only member of the gang who goes out of his way to help his friends. Granted, it usually backfires due to his own illogical thought process, and the fact that he at times forgets to inform whoever he's helping until after the fact.
He also seems to have the most friends out of the group (Jerry's dates and Elaine's 'man-friends' excluded), which could mean he's much more likable, friendly and personable then the rest.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Make us laugh, clown!