Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I know a lot of people claim that seasons 8 and 9, aka the post-Larry David seasons, are inferior to the rest of the show, since things got a lot wackier after Larry left, but frankly I don't care and think that some of the series's funniest episodes are from that era. Also a fellow goon and I took advantage of that wackier nature to write an episode where Kramer, after getting out of jail, tries to go to the moon. Good times.

EDIT: Also, if you like Seinfeld, and aren't watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, you're really missing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Digital Scumbag posted:

I've tried a few times to pick up CYE (I hear there's an overarching plot in the 2nd season),

Every season except the first has an overarching plot.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Tiny Fistpump posted:

Seinfeld added so much to the pop culture vernacular. People would add poo poo to their vocabulary the day after the show aired, it was true water cooler tv.

You're right, it really is streets ahead of all other sitcoms.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Is that Gore-Tex?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Notsosubtle posted:

From that same episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlZvY_LXJco

"Serenity now, insanity later." *crazy eyes*

This is missing George's first, failed attempts to sell computers.

George: HELLO? YOU WANNA BUY A COMPUTER?! NO? WHY NOT?! ... OKAY GOOD REASON! THANK YOU!

I gotta wonder what that guy's reason was.

OldSenileGuy fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 28, 2010

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Also, to this day if I'm talking about something I think will happen, I'll say "PREDICTION: blah blah blah blah"

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Did George have his blinker on? This is important. Either way, George is right, but if he had his blinker on he's even more right.

EDIT: Man, that Michael Jordan is SO phony!

OldSenileGuy fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 1, 2010

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
The Kentucky Derby is today and it's been raining pretty steady in Kentucky. I wonder if any of the horses are a mudder.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I KNEW IT WASN'T BERKOWITZ!!!!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

NeuroticErotica posted:

Does anybody have the photo where Kruger has been airbrushed back into the beach family photo?

This one?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
*KNOCK KNOCK*

...who is it?

It's Feldman!

... :ohdear: ...

From across the hall!

Ohhhh!! :hfive:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Sounds funny to me. Has the script ever leaked online anywhere?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

JethroMcB posted:

Like the Batman villain?

If that helps you.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

LividLiquid posted:

One of my regular shows is at a bar on the corner of Fremont and Fremont. I get to use this line more often than I ever thought possible.

How can a street intersect with itself?!

I use it every time I'm at 1st and 1st. :smug:

EDIT: Also, the thing on Seinfeld I never understood was the two-line phone that Jerry gets. Do these actually exist? I always thought you either had to have 2 separate phone lines coming into you apartment with a 2-line phone, or the phone company had to support and activate call waiting.

OldSenileGuy fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jun 23, 2010

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

I made it to the top 10! :(

Man, if you made it to the top 10, and then went on to NOT win, you would have been better of not even playing.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Dr_Amazing posted:

Isn't that what happened?He only had the phone so it didn't work.

poo poo, is that what happened? I always just went along with what they said in the episode, that Kramer gave Jerry a poo poo phone.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

TMMadman posted:

No, ZIP codes are not meaningless at all.

Postal zones for large cities had been around since the 1940's, but a more general system was needed by the 1960s. The 'father' of the ZIP code (it should be capitalized since it stands for Zone Improvement Plan), Robert Moon, actually submitted the idea for ZIP codes back in 1944, but it wasn't implemented until 1963 and even then ZIP codes weren't mandatory until 1967. Also, the USPS only used the first 3 numbers of Moons plan.

The first 3 numbers of a ZIP code represent the sectional center facility, which it just a large processing center. All the mail for the area goes there first and then it is sorted again by the last two numbers in the zip code. From there the mail is sent out to correct local post office which then sorts the local mail into the delivery routes.

That's all well and good, but I just KNOW these extra 4 numbers I'm starting to see at the end of zipcodes are pure bullshit. Just like sheep cloning.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Fistgrrl posted:

This post is several months old but congratulations on attaining a girlfriend, Fiwer. :)

The 'Here Lies Fiwer' img isn't going to come true?!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

hall n oates mom posted:

I gotta say "The Cartoon" is one of my very few disliked episodes. kathy griffin in a major guest role? NO THANKS. The one bright spot being Kramer's rant about George's attraction to the lady Jerry.

I agree about the Kathy Griffin hatred, however "The pig says 'my wife is a slut'?"

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Quickly! I must remedy this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxtO8LXIBvo

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
My mind was blown recently, when I realized that Arthur Penske of the Penske File was not just another made up Seinfeld name(well, the Arthur part was), but was actually

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

The Human Cow posted:

Should have gone to Mendy's.

Seconding this. It's the BEST. THE BEST, GREATN, THE BEST.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Tiny Fistpump posted:

I loved Susan's parents so much, I don't think there was a supporting character on the show I didn't like

Kathy Griffin was pretty unbearable.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
So now the big question - What is "THE MOVE"?

Is the move some kind of cunnilingus move, or is it a full blown sex move? My evidence for cunnilingus was that they're always moving around under the covers when they do it, but I now know that that's just tv-shorthand for sex. My other evidence was that I couldn't think of what "the swirl" could refer to, except for something to be done with the tongue. But if that's the case, then what's "the pinch"? :gonk:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Capt. Sticl posted:

There's no question it refers to oral sex. The pinch must be about the clit, explaining why Elaine strongly prefers the swirl (both clockwise and counter-clockwise).
Edit: "Did that move involve a knuckle in any way?"

Counterpoint: George's girlfriend said it feels like aliens poking at her body. Unless The Move is oral sex with other bits thrown in.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Oolarg posted:

That’s what you had to tell me? Your father wears sneakers in the pool?

That's doubly funny because at the time that episode aired, we had never seen George's father. And then, later on in the series when we did meet him, I could totally see him being a guy to wear his sneakers in the pool.

Also, holy poo poo. I know it's Wikipedia and all, but:

quote:

In Frank's first appearance in the episode "The Handicap Spot" of season 4, the character was played by John Randolph. At the urging of series creator Larry David, once Stiller had been cast for Frank Costanza, the scenes with Randolph were reshot with Stiller for syndication.

I know there's an episode where Jerry's father is played by someone else, but does anyone know if the original version of this episode is out there somewhere?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Cheese and biscuits, you're right! It is on the DVD!

Click here for the full 1118x746 image.

John Randolph is probably best known around here as Clark's dad from Christmas Vacation. He's great, but Stiller IS Frank Costanza.

Also, from that same scene:

Click here for the full 1128x748 image.

I'm just now noticing jokes from an episode almost 18 years old.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

bobservo posted:

I'm sure if Seinfeld were made 20 years later they'd be obsessing over Facebook etiquette.

Well, George did make (and subsequently lose) millions from an iPhone app. And Jerry has a healthy hatred for "the Blackberry people."

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
She was.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Ganon posted:

I had cornish game hens a few days ago for dinner and badly wanted to ask the table the chicken question.

It's a full bird. Stuffed with ham, topped with gorganzola.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
The Rogue's Wallet. That's where he kept his card, his dirty little secret. Short, devious, balding. his name was Costanza. He killed my mother.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Todd GACK.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Kull the Conqueror posted:

So, what's the scoop on Bob Barker? Does he really give a drat about what all those things cost or is he just acting?

What episode was this? It's killing me and google isn't helping.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Peach.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I'd like to lodge a complaint:

It always bugged me in The Contest when Jerry tells his mom he's watching Tiny Toons and then starts singing "The Wheels on the Bus go Round and Round"

Tiny Toons wasn't that kind of show for little kids aged 3-6 or so, it was more for kids aged 7-11 or so and would not have had that song on it! :argh:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

jojoinnit posted:

Does he say Tiny Toons? Ive always just heard "watching cartoons".

He says Tiny Toons, then he says he likes cartoons. Always bugged me, possibly because when that episode first aired, I was at an age where I was watching Tiny Toons regularly. I also had very little idea what the hell they were having a contest about. :v:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
-"I don't even really work here"
-Bagel maker
-Peterman reality tour bus driver
-Marlboro Billboard model
-Murphy Brown Actor
-Author of coffee table book
-Promoter for the Alex theater?
-Mister Moviefone
-

Most of these probably don't count...

OldSenileGuy fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 9, 2012

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
On the one hand, he's smart with rockets, but on the other, he's dumb with parking

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Yes, I'm free!

:dance: :dance: ♬♬ Cause the murderer struck again! ♬♬ :dance: :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

mojo1701a posted:

Nice game, pretty boy!

Maybe that's how y'get your kicks. You and your good-time buddies. Well I got a flash for ya, joy-boy: Party time is over.