Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
It's a pig-man Jerry!

When I originally watched Seinfeld it took me a disturbingly long time to realise that a major part of the premise of the show was that the main characters weren't particularly nice people. I don't know why, maybe my teenage mind just didn't get the humour.

This thread makes me want to buy it all on DVD and watched it again. Whenever I've caught an episode here or there I've always thought it has aged pretty drat well and strikes a good balance between traditional sitcom and more subversive/cringey "I can't believethey went there" type stuff.

Right up there with Arrested Development and more recently, Community, as one of my favouritse sitcoms.

I also have really fond memories because it's a show I always used to watch with my Dad who finds any comedy when people torment others on a regular basis hilarious. Basil Fawltey and Manuel, Hawkeye and Frank Burns... that kind of thing. But I have never seen him laugh as much as he does at anything involving Frank Costanza yelling at or tormenting George. He still sends me a Festivus card every year.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
A single Elaine "Get Out" is worth a million emoticon frogs doing the same.

Can one of you obsessives track down the episode, scene or exact quote I'm talking about here.

Someone breaks up with their girlfriend (THAT NARROWS IT DOWN) and to sympathise everyone starts paying out on her and someone says something like "She was so terrible I'm suprised no one has killed her".

Did this ever happen or am I imagining it. It's been so long since I saw this stuff.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
And here's three

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-XgvHPt1cg

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

safety dan posted:

You're looking for season 4's "The Dog".

Thank you kindly. Of course I've still got to save up for the boxed set. £80 is a bit too steep at the moment, but that kind of stuff goes on sale a lot so I have my eyes peeled.