Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valen
Oct 1, 2009
It looks like they picked a bad spot in the game to show, since it looks pretty boring. The end of the quick look is on a boss fight, where things seem to start to pick up. I'm still waiting on Amazon to ship my copy of the game, but I'm not too worried I'll regret buying it. Going in to a JRPG you have to figure you're in for some level of grinding and :words: which the quick look shows a fair amount of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valen
Oct 1, 2009
My copy finally arrived today and I've spent a couple of hours going through it. I just passed the first dungeon and have been doing some side quests and so far I'm enjoying it. The only complaints I have so far are minor control issues. In all the flipping and rolling around it's easy to lose track of the enemy, and you have to take your finger off of the attack button to recenter the camera, and it would be nice if magic would queue up if you are holding the button down but don't have quite enough mana to cast while waiting for it to recharge. Those are really minor issues though, nothing game-breaking.

I don't mind the older protagonist either. It's a nice change from the pretty as a pony girl-boys who are emo and whine whenever they are asked to do something. Kill 10 sheep? Consider it done! You guys have set me up with a free house and take good care of me and my sick kid, I want to repay the townsfolk. Oh, a dangerous mission? It's no problem I want to help out and protect the village since you guys have been so cool to me.

That said, I'm expecting baaaad things from those shades. They spray an awful lot of blood for something seemingly intangible, and the little ones, at least at some points are entirely non-hostile and I think even ran away from me. They also drop schoolbooks which I have to figure happens for some reason, even if I have no clue what to do with them.

• Locked thread