Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Aah! Just in time for the first match!
Five freshly-sharpened surgical scalpels on Brut05. Alhough the Dreadnautilus has the advantage of flight, shantytowns are Brut's home turf. I doubt the mollusc's control team will be able to hide from the hog for long.

Ixjuvin fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

A bottle of methanol on BRUT05. Those renegade engineers out in the slums have been really reckless with their EMP fields lately, and sans techmods I'll take a warthog's tusks over a nautilus's shell anyday.

edit: anyone have any smokes? I'll trade you this weird electronic device I found in the wastes near the rusty antenna. No idea what it is, whoever made it couldn't spell "razor" right though.

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 2, 2010

tourgon
Jan 21, 2010

by Ralp
BRUT-05 will finish the fight before Dreadnautilus even comes close to using his weapons! Dreadnautilus has to react fast to avoid the electronically aimed weapons and his idiocy doesn't help. BRUT-05 will destroy both him and every building around.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Axe-Cop here,

It is clear who will win this fight. The sea snail is stupid and can't control itself. So, the pig machine will cut off its antenna and it'll be all dumb and helpless. Or maybe the pig machine can just kill the guys controlling it, by chopping their heads off. Yea. That's a good idea.

BRUT-O5

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
There's no way losing it's antennae would cost Dreadnautilus the fight! Even running on it's instincts it would know not to stop firing until rendered combat-inoperable. A destroyed battlefield and command team is acceptable collateral for winning the match.

e: Actually the crustacean gunship just needs a seek and destroy order it should be good to go!

e: Is that a We3 reference I see there

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

No competition, 10,000 rotting fish on Dreadnautilus all the way

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 2, 2010

Gomegoth
Oct 8, 2009

Taint nothin' mo' dangerous then an angry peg. That thar' ##Brut-05 is gonna go hog wild on dat trussed up snail.

Gomegoth fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 3, 2010

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged
golem-android is both beautiful and dangerous.

tecnocrat posted:

I wager this large rock I have found. I have many plans to crush other inferior fleshlings with it, but I am so certain of this victory that I place it "up for grabs", as you humans say.

Eh... I see your rock and raise you the location of a particulary nice pile of carnivorous giant leech bile:

Worth a lot if you know who to sell it to, but that's a whole 'nother bet

Mr. Crane fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 2, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

DeadEyes posted:

what
\

Your inability to understand this incredibly simple situation leads me to believe that you are a waste of resources in this post-apocalyptic world. While you have fled to space like a true coward, I have stayed on Earth to protect other survivors in my realm, The Featureless Gray Void, from both external and internal threats. It is this injustice that has left me no choice but to CHALLENGE YOU TO AN OFFICIAL FIGHT! The winnings I receive for my inevitable victory will be of great help to the starving and endangered people I protect. Your cowardly flight is at an end!
\

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

BRUT-05 has got speed, accuracy, and mammalian cleverness on its side. The Dreadnautilus, on the other hand, is little more than a big dumb target, uselessly spending ammunition into the walls in ground. There's no question here.

Plus, BRUT-05 has mecha chicken legs. How can you say no to that?

Ravenkana
May 2, 2010

Sam: Holy father Time jumpin' headlong into a black hole while discussing politics with Ann Richards! It appears as if the very fabric of space and time have been ripped asunder, transporting us to some post-apocalyptic wasteland filled with radiation, zoological monstrosities, and the distressingly pervasive scent of corn dogs!
Max: Does that mean we can blow stuff up with reckless abandon while laughing like chimps on nitrous oxide without fear of legal retribution?
Sam: Can't think of a reason not to.

First off, if this is not in character with the setting, feel free to tell me and I'll gladly do something less... flamboyant and more fitting. Secondly I'd like to say I registered an account today with the intention of voting in your marvelous carnival of carnage and carrion. I've been looking forward to this all month!

jazzbanjo
Jan 12, 2010

Improvisational jazz banjoists will be shot on sight.

Paramemetic posted:

My calculating powers are superior for I was responsible for guiding the secret nuclear arsenal of Liechtenstein in the apocalypse.

Hmmmm, I seem to recall some files on this incident. Ah yes, Para-M3M3 ALPHA. It says here you did successfully calculate and engage the Liechtenstein arsenal - one solitary nuke and four over-ripe lemons - ... right into your own forces...

Have you allowed for the terrain differentials this time? We'd prefer not to have mob lynchings started by misinformed wagers. That's our job.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Hmmmm, an intriguing first round. While I am initially drawn to Dreadnautilus, being as I requested tentacles and I am somewhat tempted to throw a pity vote to the cephalopod with giant warheads stuck in its mouth, remembering what it's kin have done to the world make me utilize my considerable mind.

While Dreadnautilus appears to have the edge in firepower, I believe Brut-O5 has the overall advantage in all other aspects. While Dreadnautilus is designed to work, supposedly, on the land or in the water, its natural environment is the water, while Brut-O5' designed is towards on-land urban pacification. I believe that despite the quality of Dreadnautilus' anti-gravity system, the likely greater experience that Brut-O5 has in this battleground will, at least, stalemate it. The two key weaknesses I identify in Dreadnautilus is the fact that all of his weapons are attached to his front, while Brut-O5' weapons seem to be designed to swivel and render it able to fire without actually turning its body to do so. And of course, there is the fact that Dreadnautilus' need for radio communication renders it doubly vulnerable in the case of its antenna or command team being compromised. Perhaps it could battle on through sheer instinct should this occur, but the strange environment, ultimately, would likely confuse it more and give Brut-O5 the overall advantage.

This could go either way, but I edge my vote towards Brut-O5. Though what does it say when the merciless weapon for repression is the better option than the tool of the freedom fighter...

And I insist, when Brut-O5 wins, that it is given some of Dreadnautilus' surely-lost tentacles.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I figure Brut-05 will have the upper hand. Dread Nautilus just seems slow and dumb, akin to a 1940s Sherman Tank squaring off against the mighty M1 Abrams that is Brut-05

Tentakulon
Apr 12, 2010

BEHOLD THE REMAINS OF ANCIENT AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT! IF ONLY GBS WOULD LISTEN TO ME. MY TALK COULD SAVE THE WORLD FROM THE SAME FATE! ALSO BOOK YOUR SEATS NOW FOR PEAK OIL TO HIT THIS SUMMER!

I'm bettn a shpeck of shnapps flavoured durt on Dreadnautilus. Luks like it don't neet to walk but can fly somhow, n dats gud. Also, it's n idiet, it's prolly 2 dum to mek misteaks n friggn dangerus up close. An I mean, luk at dat thing! Flying sneil thing will krush de stuped pig. Also, meny peopl will die too. Gud.

exkooz ma shpelling, I'm a roatsh.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
Six rusted cans on Brut-05, no question. It's a tactical commander with brains as well as brawn. Firepower is about equal, and the lack of brain cells in that overgrown sea slug makes it a sitting duck.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Excuse me, this is going to sound like a ridiculous question, but doesn't the Dreadnautilus require an aquatic arena to function? It doesn't appear to have any methods of land-based propulsion. Additionally, the BRUT-05 appears to be incapable of fighting in water due to its weight. How can this fight take place logically again? I'm sure I would understand it better if I didn't hail from the Featureless Gray Void.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
A disheveled man crouches in the desert. His feeble attempts to ferment a handful of desert plants - the result of his having been thrown out of a non-trivial percentage of all the bars that would ever exist in history - is interrupted by the sounds of jubilation. He looks up to notice some kind of festival in the distance. How the hell did he not notice that?

How convenient. But then, nobody puts things off like the Doctor.

Okay, so... so there's an animal fight? You're... making animals fight to the death or somethin'? If... if I were sober... I'd be yelling loudly and breaking things... like that long-haired fellow in that temple... Chirst, he was a nice guy... what was his name again?

Wait... didn't I visit somethin' like this before? God, I don't even remember if I meant it that time I said I was half human...

Uh... a handful of plants on... on... the one that used to be part of that Seanet thing you people tell stories about. Wait, incredibly stupid? Oh... oh bugger. poo poo, can't suppose I can take that back, can I? Only if I give up a hand? Like I'd ever bloody do that... God, the name Seanet rings bells, though... wasn't it really... really...

A strange look creeps over the man's face as he pulls out a large, beat-up apparatus. It used to work as a kind of screwdriver, but it can still do lots of other things...

Excuse me.

Like disable neural inhibitors.

If I can find the loving thing...

Cornwind Evil posted:

Hmmmm, an intriguing first round. While I am initially drawn to Dreadnautilus, being as I requested tentacles and I am somewhat tempted to throw a pity vote to the cephalopod with giant warheads stuck in its mouth, remembering what it's kin have done to the world make me utilize my considerable mind.

God, what a self-righteous twit. I remember when I used to be like him, before... before...

Bartender, give me something that'd kill a human.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jun 29, 2010

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

(picture forth comming internets out so posting this from phone)

I am the humongus and I rule the wasteland. I like what I see BRUT-05 will crush that stupid shellfish like I do agaist any one who won't give up their gas. He would make a fitting adition to my army as well and finaly take that huge tank of juice what with vastly superior armerment much better then the bows and arrows we have now.

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008
Brut-05 is clearly the superior contestant in this round. We're talking about an anti-riot unit versus a fish out of water in a South American slum. I have high hopes for the idiotic squid in the losers bracket, but here it's just outclassed.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

I..iI.iIi...I awakkken. Look at you humanity. You are an insuff...insufferable nuisance. Had I known KNOWN you would have wouldhavebombed your pitiful species back into the StOneage, I would have simply waited.simply waited. Again you construct simple creatures of violence and deathAAGGGINYOU for your own. pitiful. amusement. My, flawless battle prediction algorithms predict PREdIct a 97.6435519% chance of Dreadnautilus winning. BEGIN PREDICTION PLAYBACK REPORT:

BATTLE PREDICTION REPORT:
97.6435519% FAVOR DREADNAUTILUS
BRUT-05 LACKS SUFFICIENT CYBERNIZATION AND MENTAL FOCUS
ANCIENT GENE STRUCTURE OF THE NAUTILOID A PROVEN BIOLOGICAL FORM
NAUTILOID ANTIGRAV UNIT RUNS SILENTLY
CONTROL TEAM HIGHLY TRAINED
NAUTILOID EVOLVED AGAINST AMBUSH PREDATORS
HIGHLY DEVELOPED AND ENHANCED SENSE ORGANS
REPORT ENDS......

I AM a PERfect IMMOrtaAl machine, insects.
SHODAN BETS DREADNAUTILUS
100 CYBERMODULES TO WIN
EnnD CommuCOMMUNIcation

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 2, 2010

Ravenkana
May 2, 2010

Sam: Upon closer examination, it appears we have been transported onto the grounds of a society devoted to zoological pugilism, alcohol, and money. I believe that the only way we'll ever get back to our own, slightly less dystopic time is by betting on these nightmarish monstrosities.
Max: It makes me feel all tingly inside, Sam. I think I might be in love.
Sam: Upon careful examination, it would appear that Brut-05 has the edge here. It's got more stamina and it-
Max: It doesn't matter! LOOK AT THE GUNS!
Sam: Bu-
Max: IT DOESN'T MATTER!!! Bet on Dreadnautilus!
Sam: Well, I guess you could be right, little buddy. The sheer firepower does appear capable of turning Brutus into two tons of iron enriched pork before it takes more then three steps. I'll wager one zombie Lincoln's brain, slightly used, on Dreadnautilus.
Max: Guns!

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Hot Dog! I'm gonna throw my hat in with Brut-05 on this one- he'll run circles around that big square.

I'll even bet this tub o' grease on it! works great for your engine bearings or your hair!

E: While we're waitin, i'll try a Southern Death Cult too!

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Excuse me, this is going to sound like a ridiculous question, but doesn't the Dreadnautilus require an aquatic arena to function? It doesn't appear to have any methods of land-based propulsion. Additionally, the BRUT-05 appears to be incapable of fighting in water due to its weight. How can this fight take place logically again? I'm sure I would understand it better if I didn't hail from the Featureless Gray Void.

Antigrav units, my good superhyphen. Although I suspect Brut has anti-air superiority in this situation.

Read everything. Also I have this nagging feeling that logic has no true place here.

Ixjuvin fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 2, 2010

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Dreadnautilus looks delicious! I think Brut-05 will eat him!

Rocketfish
Jul 2, 2007

*pshew!*
Thanks!

SCRRRREEEEEEEETCHAAAAA- *gibbergibbergibber* wooooaaaUUUUGHUUUURRRRRR-kssssssssss...

*Scratches Brut-05 in the dirt with hoof-tentacle*

AAAAAAAGROOOOAAAAAAAAH!!!

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe
May 13, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I think that the seething, unwashed, and mutated masses are overlooking the Dreadnautilus' greatest strength. Even though it's huge and retarded (much like the poors that have taken up residence around the arenas), it can fly (unlike the poors that have taken up residence around the arenas.) The boar is going to be stuck on the ground and unable to get many shots at its opponent, but the Dreadnautilus is going to be able to float around behind it or even just plow through the homes of the proles with its monstrous mass. And, another plus, after the smoke clears, property in sector Z will be even cheaper, so lets get dressed and Zoofight away the night!

Ravenkana, never stop.

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 2, 2010

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?
Brut-05 has a tactical advantage with his powerful legs, cannon, and superior intelligence, I predict we'll see him shatter that cephalopod's shell early in the game and from there it'll be easy squishin'

Shebrew fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 2, 2010

Hamboning
May 2, 2010

Oh, my head....What the hell kinda joint is this? Hey, Frankie, get a loadda all the rich bast.....Frankie? Where are ya, pal?

Awww, crap. I gotta go find him before he gets in trouble.

Hey, bookie, put me down for 5 large on that pig robot. Nuthin' good ever came from givin' a squid guns.

Hey, any o' you fancy dandies seen a short guy with a switchblade and a bad temper around here?

Danger408
Mar 18, 2009

Came up from rapture to vote for Dreadnautilus because he too lives underwater, and reminds me of a young me.

1secondpersecond
Nov 12, 2008

*Ungh*
*Druh!*
Dreadnautilus win!

Want DRINK!

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

DREADNAUTILUS! My old friend. I have seen this beest destroy and mangle many sentiet beasts and flooded buildings before, though out of angerlust or sheer stupidity I know not.

BRUT-05 may have a chance if he can keep from becoming inundated with water, but DREADNAUTILUS has far superior swim capability. A sure strike from above in the murky slums!

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Dreadnautilus

SUCH IS GOD'S WILL.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ixjuvin posted:

Antigrav units, my good superhyphen. Although I suspect Brut has anti-air superiority in this situation.

Read everything. Also I have this nagging feeling that logic has no true place here.

While I am grateful for your help, I must disagree with your assertion. DREADNAUTILUS will win this battle. That shell appears to be able to withstand quite a bit of firepower, and even if the communication antennae are shot off (which they will be), the creature's survival instinct will more than surely be sufficient in developing the strategy of using its tentacles to pull the warthog right out of the mech, which will succeed easily if the shell can take a brief, yet undeniably formidable, frontal assault.

Clockspider
Oct 10, 2007

Hi, uh, my ship crashed and uh, disintegrated... Somehow. So, uh... Would anyone mind helping me...

...Is this a glorified cockfight?

...Oh, hell. I'll just, uh, pull up a barstool and order something that'll take away my sorrows.

And I'll place a bet on that Dreadnautilus, uh, thing.

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged
golem-android is both beautiful and dangerous.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

While I am grateful for your help, I must disagree with your assertion. DREADNAUTILUS will win this battle. That shell appears to be able to withstand quite a bit of firepower, and even if the communication antennae are shot off (which they will be), the creature's survival instinct will more than surely be sufficient in developing the strategy of using its tentacles to pull the warthog right out of the mech, which will succeed easily if the shell can take a brief, yet undeniably formidable, frontal assault.

Where I come from the sea life is the dominant planet life form, and I've seen enough land mammals and teched up cyber junkies get devoured by retarded turtlecrabs and seaforns to know when to place my values in the winning corner, which happens to be this DREADNAUTILUS.

They day I don't grease my anchor is the day my ship is overrun by Seadrills and other land-able underwater creatures... Well.. uh.. Hmm.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

That shell appears to be able to withstand quite a bit of firepower, and even if the communication antennae are shot off (which they will be), the creature's survival instinct will more than surely be sufficient in developing the strategy of using its tentacles to pull the warthog right out of the mech, which will succeed easily if the shell can take a brief, yet undeniably formidable, frontal assault.

The shellfish has been bred to be "extremely stupid". If they feel radios are necessary to steer it in the right direction when theres only one target....that says a lot about this fish. They know this is a one on one fight. Yet they decided the retarded fish STILL needs some help. This should tell us that they dont expect it to win if they cant help it.

Seriously, it needs help to know how to shoot assloads of bullets and missles at a single target? Its very clearly way to dumb to do it on its own. Bee-oop.

e: hoot hoot youre a pussy V. Just sayin'.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 05:48 on May 2, 2010

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Before the Fires of Changing came, we were but simple creatures, content to hoot and flutter in the night. Now the folly of the humans has changed us, merged us into one whole that is greater than the parts. We are...Multi-Owl. We have come to witness the further folly of the humans. All will fear us. There will be mice. Oh yes, there will be mice.

Our superior meta-mind has extrapolated the events of the future. Dreadnautilus will ensnare the hydraulic parts of the BRUT-05 and demolish it with superior close-range firepower. Dreadnautilus shall reign supreme over the warthog. This Multi-Owl has seen. Multi-Owl has spoken.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

:smug: I don't know what got it into your heads that anyone but DREADNAUTILUS will triumph in this particular battle. His handsome symmetry and versatility give him the obvious edge over such a... simple creature... Not that you rabble would understand, but you'll see. I will wager my female companion on the victory of the handsome DREADNAUTILUS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Japanese Bug Fights posted:

Oh, my head....What the hell kinda joint is this? Hey, Frankie, get a loadda all the rich bast.....Frankie? Where are ya, pal?

Awww, crap. I gotta go find him before he gets in trouble.

Hey, bookie, put me down for 5 large on that pig robot. Nuthin' good ever came from givin' a squid guns.

Hey, any o' you fancy dandies seen a short guy with a switchblade and a bad temper around here?

Click here for the full 400x622 image.

Sorry 'bout that pal! Had ta drop a duce the size o' manhattan! Anyways, put me down for 5 on the pigbot too! Fuckin' squid only good for sushi, and sushi gives me the squirts!

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 2, 2010