Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
That intro video was badass. I love you.

e: also a Gorillian dollars and "you may have been able to distinguish it attacking a space station from Jupiter's atmosphere, while being savaged by a giant moth that thought it was God". Zoofights man, zoofights.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
e: fixed, were good.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 2, 2010

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Victory will be BRUT05's. He has been built with one one purpose in mind: kill stuff that isnt easy to kill. No one would ever say a giant fish with guns stuffed in it is easy to kill; but the fact that it isnt easy to slay is exactly what places it in BRUT05's area of expertise. Dreadnautilus was actually bred to be stupid, bred to suck. The warthog has been built to kick rear end. Two animals in a cage: One built to kill, the other bred to be an idiot. I'm a loving robot. Listen to me. Beep.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 2, 2010

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Tom Tucker posted:

...The radio controllers will be able to launch quick and efficient attacks at moving targets...All that Dreadnautilus needs to do at that point is close in, disable those spindly pivoting systems on the guns with a few tentacles, and the riot suppressor will be helpless.

Let me rephrase that for you. "The fish is going to behave just like everything else Brut05 has been built to kill. Also, all the fish would need to do to win is get within arms reach of an animal who loves to gore and stomp things to death. Thats it!"

I am going to place a bet of six tin cans and a fully functional bottle cork on BRUT05. Beep.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

That shell appears to be able to withstand quite a bit of firepower, and even if the communication antennae are shot off (which they will be), the creature's survival instinct will more than surely be sufficient in developing the strategy of using its tentacles to pull the warthog right out of the mech, which will succeed easily if the shell can take a brief, yet undeniably formidable, frontal assault.

The shellfish has been bred to be "extremely stupid". If they feel radios are necessary to steer it in the right direction when theres only one target....that says a lot about this fish. They know this is a one on one fight. Yet they decided the retarded fish STILL needs some help. This should tell us that they dont expect it to win if they cant help it.

Seriously, it needs help to know how to shoot assloads of bullets and missles at a single target? Its very clearly way to dumb to do it on its own. Bee-oop.

e: hoot hoot youre a pussy V. Just sayin'.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 05:48 on May 2, 2010

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

MrGreenShirt posted:

Gezora will bet 30 of it's delicious, succulent starspawn on Dreadnautilus. Gezora lives by the philosophy that two tentacles are better than one, and a hundred tentacles are better than a pair of robotic legs and some hoofs. Gezora hopes once the loser's league is over it will be able to try some of that bacon.

You're a big squid, you can make your own decisions. I just...look, Im not mad...just...dissapointed. Use your head Gezora, not your stomach.

Beep.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Carl's use of science inspired my robo-motor-mind-drive to share something with the rest of you idiots.

Your precious Nautilus has been formed, by nature, to share mathematical properties with a pincone. Its called Phi, The Golden Ratio. No (mathematical) relative of the pincone is going to take down Brut-05.

Also, this golden ratio is ~ 1.618. Brut05 has the number 5 in it. 5 > 1.618. Beep!

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 2, 2010

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Gomegoth posted:

Also, the golden ratio exists in virtually all life, warthogs included :eng101:

Woah man, I was under the impression it was just in a (big) handful of organisms, Im going to have to check that out.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Hang on Sloopy posted:

I'm changing my vote. I want to see BRUT-05 get creamed so the molemen and mad scientists working on the Loser's League have a chance to upgrade him. Go DREADNAUTILUS!

Even a robot feels betrayed when a traitor like you has the balls to show up.
beep.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 2, 2010

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

I bought this thing down at some side stand this morning....I was told a genie would come out if I rubbed it. Looks like I've been ripped off, all it does is show me fancy pictures. The good news though is that this fancy picture is of that stupid fish getting curb stomped! Beep!

I think I see some people voting in the "##" format who have already voted before that rule. Are we supposed to vote again now in that format, or are our old votes accounted for?

Oh, Id also like to climb onto the "little less intense RP please" bandwagon. Like whoever said: voting, discussion, debate, keep it relavent to the fight. The whole "lets trade thoughts on the best places to get those mouse hotdogs everyone has" thing is a little over the top. It doesnt really add much to Zoofights itself. In fact, you could have the same conversation in a different thread that has nothing to do with zoofights at all (as long as it allowed rp of course). That should indicate its not very relavent.

e: Oh gently caress yeah picture in just in time bitches V

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 16:06 on May 3, 2010

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Votin's over dog. ^

Now we just wait for those legs on the pig to drag your floating fish to hell.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Today I bought a car. In a few hours I'm going to watch the first zoofights zoofight of the year. I know BRUT-05 is gonna win because the car I bought is blue. Its an omen of BRUT-05's victory! Rejoice with me! Hurrah!

Fish dont have hands. V :colbert:

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 3, 2010

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

I downloaded the fight details into my database. Quite a display. Too bad the fish won...again...just like evry fight involving marine life.....ever.

Enough baby crying though! Its time once again to disagree with who seems to be the majority right now! ##Blood 4 Oil cannot lose this fight! The snake can see the future, yes - but can he view it and act fast enough to stop hundreds of blood draining robots and their gigantic master? I highly doubt it.

Preview Snake is big, thats a whole lot of potential blood draining area to aim for. Blood 4 Oil will definatly win this fight, and later I will bring you higly expensive diagrams to prove it.

Last but not least, rooting for a snake that can see the loving future is just BEGGING fot another god-like monster to emerge. We may have already doomed ourselves by letting that fish win - lets not give it someone to "out god".

also i loving poo poo myself at how amazing those images were. way to loving go guys. awesome work

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

It took a while but I proccesed all the data and printed the results of the fight!

Click here for the full 800x800 image.

I am currently trying to focus on the more minor details of the data and print out a full color version. Please bare with me folks. beep.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 06:42 on May 4, 2010

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Final Battle Analysis complete:

Click here for the full 521x700 image.

It seems the ancient philosopher (the one that I forgot the name of) was right.

"Those who foresee a tragedy suffer it twice over."

e: beep.
e2: another good reason to want Blood 4 Oil to win: next time we see him maybe he'll be Blood 5 Oil!

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 06:55 on May 4, 2010

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

I havent kept score, and I dont want to, but just by the looks of it this is going to be a cloooooose fight.

ps

Consider this: If snake preview was any good at seeing the future - he wouldnt even accept the challenge. Hes gon' die son.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Upon seeing how many of you are making the incorrect choice. I rushed out another print of the fight. Look closely.

Click here for the full 658x800 image.

Snake = Ded ASAP

beep!

E: oh gently caress it im going to lose this one too. lots of people voting for snakeman

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 5, 2010

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

read the thread :negative:

(gotta post your votes/bets in a bolded "##name of chosen contestant" format)

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Two hours?! I wont miss it this time (hopefully), yessss!!

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

^
I was bored earlier today, and decided to write a bacon rap. Your dead-pig comment reminded me that I could pretend I made this for the thread. So heres my unfinished bacon rap that I "totally made in memory of BRUT-05":

Whats we eatin
This evening
Ima cravin’
Some bacon
I got a pan for the makin’
And my belly-a-achin’

To the kitchen
To the pan
Its-a red hot and heatin’
Please turn on the fan
Its getting hot in this room
No green eggs and no ham
Were havin’ bacon at noon

Dumpin the fat
And the gristle
Into the trash can abysmal
Gotta lower my hat
To the smells around that

Lost in your eyes
Please toss me a map
Every strip a surprise
Spillin’ grease on my lap
Bacon take my hand
And step outta the pan
Its time to commit
I wanna eat every bit

I want you forever
Right on top of my plate
And I know you’ll deliver
Right on the first date
You’re so delicious
So chewy
So ambitious
And crunchy

Cannot stop
Its too good
Need a mop
And a hood
To clean up this mess
On the dish
From pig flesh
No doubt representin’ the west

Needin’ seconds right now
Some bacon should do
Not no chicken or cow
Duh pigs don’t say moo

I just graduated highschool (early) and I dont have a job right now. So I have lots of free time right now. By the way.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 5, 2010

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Suck his loving face off! beep.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Iamyourking posted:

The fact that Snake Preview is even here means that his victory is assured. As you pointed out, he can see the future and knows who's going to win; and I doubt he'd show up if it wasn't him.

I kinda doubt they let the fighters call in a sick day. beep.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Welp, good fight everyone. This is over.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Cant a bunch of the tiny mosquitos sit right on his eyes? Wouldnt they blur out his foresight? Its not like he wan wipe them off with his hands! beep

drat it I gota go in mid fight. when i get back here that snake better be dead

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Click here for the full 521x700 image.

Major Failure posted:

BLOOD 4 OIL WINS!!!

:smug:

But no, seriously. Holy poo poo man. You just used my picture. That loving makes my life. I am very honored. Thanks for being a badass, Major Failure.

Gezora, the best you got for everyone - on me.

thanks again. im tickled pink

e: no seriously. im loving flipping gently caress gently caress flip fucks. awesome.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 6, 2010

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Fagtastic posted:

Bring on the psychic onion.

My thoughts exactly. I want to cry my way to smelly, psychic victory!

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Im sorry, but I do not regret voting for Burgertherium. He should have won and you all know it. :colbert:

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Zero Star posted:

If only he hadn't attracted the obnoxious frat boy vote... :laugh:

(I wasn't a fan of either one, to be honest. For me, ZF4 was all about Wolfbike :rock: )

EDIT: And the Walrus. And Riot Yeti.

Im pretty sure the Walrus is one of my all time favorites. If it were up to me he would have won the whole she-bang last year.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Fagtastic posted:

Remind me who ended up taking him out? I seem to remember him defeating an incarnation of swanmass.

It took loving ELOHIM to take out the walrus. I cried.

e: he outlasted like the other 5657658 people in that fight as well. what a brave walrus he was..

oh yeah i forgot about the delgation beating him the first time though. V

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

##The Sturgeon General has the upper fin in this fight. With the rank of a general you know that he knows how to kill a fat man with the most primitive weapon weve ever seen, and his "intelligent" dog. Being smarter than a neanderthal is no impressive feat. Furthermore, the Sturgeon General is loving huge and has a tank for feet, thats pretty badass. Finally, hes got a bunch of floating string rays helping him out. Steve Irwin took on hundreds of crocs in hand to hand combat. It only took one string ray with amazing accuracy to spear him in one of mans most vital, life sustaining organs: the heart. Dont under-estimate them because of their size. beep

oh, and these sting rays defy gravity. keep that in mind.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 7, 2010

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Did I miss some memo or something? Did the ## rule get trashed or did everyone just forget?

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Mr. Crane posted:

Whaddya mean? As far as I can tell only 2 people aren't using it, unless everyone else didn't get a memo..?

I guess I just suck at counting?

Mustache Analysis Complete

Look at this mustache. This is not the mustache of a fine gentleman, a warrior, a king, a western post-apocalyptic robot, a steam powered crab, or even the homeless guy who hits on your brother. This mustache is large, but pathetic. Its unruly and has no meaning, This mustache is a product of laziness , stupidity, and an ape of a mother. The anti-stache if you will; perhaps even the “smash-stache”. Smash Gordon is definitely not even aware of his own facial hair. He is an idiot and is part of the reason mustaches are no longer appreciated in today’s society. Smash Gordon should be ashamed of himself and his tangled mess of a mustache. That is final.

Now lets move on to the stache that can be found on the face of our soon to be champion: The Sturgeon General. This is the mustache of a veteran of war, a fish who knows he’s 25 feet tall and isn’t going to take poo poo from anybody. This mustache is manly as gently caress yet groomed, maintained and over-powered by the man himself, as it should be. A mere lump of hair should never over-power the raw manliness of the man himself, as is the case with Smash Gordon. The general Sturgeon’s Mustache has earned a purple heart or two no doubt, the right to make others tremble before it, and a capital “M”. Smash Gordon’s mustache has earned nothing but crumbs from Smash’s last meal and much ridicule from his peers and mother. The General Sturgeon is clearly superior to Smash Gordon, and that is final.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 7, 2010

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

:wotwot: I didnt even realize one could be grown so quickly! Bravo sir! Bravo!

Edit:Nice username

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 7, 2010

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Gomegoth posted:

That is NOT a mustache. What you're looking at are groomed barbels. :colbert:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbel_%28anatomy%29

Primitive (:smug:) cartilaginous fish such as The Sturgeon General use them to taste food. That's right, this gentleman right here smears food all over his face like some kind of benthic swine. At least Smash Gordon loves himself for who he really is.

Green = Kickin' stache.
Red = Barbels
:colbert:

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

The facial hair is all about quality, not quantity. Didnt you go to school? (everything else does add up nicely though, good work)

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Gomegoth posted:

Sorry to break it to ya, but you got the colors backwards.
Green = The 4 barbels
Red = pathetic, manchild-like facial hair
:smugbert:

FOILED AGAIN!! :argh:

Also, I think The Sturgeon General has the potential to become extremely badass as he gets upgraded more and more - but at the same time I think I would be equally happy if Nelson won. Im not changing my vote, but I guess Nelson winning would be pretty awesome. Just as long as Smash Gordon doesnt go on. Hes way too human for Zoofights. beoop

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 7, 2010

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Im pretty sure The Sturgeon General could take out Dreadnautilus and/or Blood 4 Oil; I think we will be seeing a lot more of him from here on out. This is going to be awesome.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

Don't see how Sturgeon could take out Blood 4 Oil. Its mosquito swarms will strip the sting rays to the bone, and Blood 4 Oil will drain the thing in 5 seconds.

Youre forgetting that the general is a badass, sir.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Spalding posted:

Aw, look at the sleeping dogs!!^^

Aw man, someone has to tell him. Not me!

Also I'm pretty loving excited for the first fight I can actually be here to watch completely unfold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Sturgeon! Sturgeon! Sturgeon!