Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Voltin Bolt posted:

You may remember my ~beautiful spider son~ who won a round of OpenSquish last year -

(still in prototype limbo due to tiedye fabric shortage, apparently. I have been told either they'll solve this or make him with solid spots)

Well, I've got a new design in the current round which has been yoyo-ing between a winning score and a not winning score! This is greatly complicated by the fact that the score requirement has been increased to 4.15, meaning any votes besides 5 only serve to dunk the average and are just deliberate dream-killers.

Please take a look at my nautilus and give him a 5 if you agree that he's cute and good and deserves to exist in this world! I even wrote a stupid poem for his description, which I am proud of.

:f5h::five:

I love nautiluses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX

Silver Alicorn posted:

:f5h::five:

I love nautiluses
Thanks! I've been trying to encourage voting / sharing with RAD PRIZES, so here is a tiling nautilus wallpaper I made for that purpose.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying
Hey, just a heads up to everyone--JoAnn's is having an INSANE online Black Friday sale with 75% off their fleece (some colors are randomly lower priced than others for even bigger discount) and free shipping over 60$. I just got almost 300$ of fleece for 65$. Pretty much the only time to shop fleece if you plan ahead!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Don't care for lions but I made a bear!

Transferrins
Aug 18, 2014

Soiled Meat
fiberglass insulation seems like an uncomfortable material

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Voltin Bolt posted:

You may remember my ~beautiful spider son~ who won a round of OpenSquish last year -

(still in prototype limbo due to tiedye fabric shortage, apparently. I have been told either they'll solve this or make him with solid spots)

Well, I've got a new design in the current round which has been yoyo-ing between a winning score and a not winning score! This is greatly complicated by the fact that the score requirement has been increased to 4.15, meaning any votes besides 5 only serve to dunk the average and are just deliberate dream-killers.

Please take a look at my nautilus and give him a 5 if you agree that he's cute and good and deserves to exist in this world! I even wrote a stupid poem for his description, which I am proud of.

Oh my glob its adorable.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Hmm basic plush patterns for beginners? Curious about this I've never done much sewing before.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Alder posted:

Hmm basic plush patterns for beginners? Curious about this I've never done much sewing before.

What would you be interested in making? Some of the simple bear patterns are literally 2 pieces. You can probably find some simple free ones online then ask questions as you look it over and go.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Voltin Bolt posted:

Thanks! I've been trying to encourage voting / sharing with RAD PRIZES, so here is a tiling nautilus wallpaper I made for that purpose.

Did this get anywhere? I tried to signal boost it on my tumblr but it didn't get a single updoot.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Comrade Quack posted:

What would you be interested in making? Some of the simple bear patterns are literally 2 pieces. You can probably find some simple free ones online then ask questions as you look it over and go.

A medium sized cat would be nice :3:

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX

Silver Alicorn posted:

Did this get anywhere? I tried to signal boost it on my tumblr but it didn't get a single updoot.
I got nearly 1000 votes (like twice that of the jumping spider) but the average score was still far too low in the end :( Speaking of my jumping spider though, I've been told that they finally solved their tiedye fabric supply problem, and spiders will be released early? this year!!

AltruisticNemesis
Nov 7, 2007
tra la la
Does it count if the fur is real? It's stuffed with polyfill and squishy so idk if it qualifies as a plushie...

I have one alligator raccoon, a huggable fox, mink-icorn, an alligator fox, and a wendigo type thing that is faux fur and a coyote skull. I also have half a raccoon (top half) that I dont know what to do with

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX
Guys, Squishable made a very special post during lunch today...

SOON.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Can anyone recommend a good sewing machine for someone whose last real time using one was in home-ec 15 years ago? Somethin good for plush-making, but maybe with embroidery settings? eBay is probably gonna be my go-to for buying, and I want some input.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
It's been a while since I sewed anything! I just made a present for my sister:

Goldaline
Dec 21, 2006

my dear
I made a little plush Sex Pistols No. 1 from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to go with my cosplay, and I think it came out pretty well considering I haven't done any plush stuff in years. There's supposed to be six of them, but making one was entirely enough. I might make a Killer Queen next (Yes, everything in Jojo is named after bands or songs or fashion designers, why do you ask?) because a big muscle bound pink S&M cat-man-thing plush sounds pretty fun.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

I'm a little cat in a pretty hat!

Voltin Bolt posted:

Guys, Squishable made a very special post during lunch today...

SOON.

I got the 'we've got the spider!' e-mail today and was like "holy crap, wasn't that 2 years ago?" and it was, and now it shall finally be mine! Now to wait for its arrival. And I have ridiculously fuzzy lavender fabric, so if I'm feeling sassy I might mod on a moustache and fuzzy palps like in your original drawing.

flutterbyblue fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 28, 2016

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX
yEAH I was at work when I got that email and the coworker I was training at the time was very understanding about my mad flailing.

(look at this perfect creature)

Also, as luck would have it, I currently have another spider in OpenSquish right now, this time a pinktoe tarantula. The score is fairly good but not quiiiite the required 4.15, so if you like that one too please throw a 5 at it! More Spiders = Better Than

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
Update: rainbow jumping spider confirmed for best squishable. Look at this image of perfection.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I've started a thread for needle felting over here! It's another way to make cute fuzzy critters, just less squishy than this way. The trade off is it's easier to create new things since it doesn't require patterns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX

Tardigrade posted:

Update: rainbow jumping spider confirmed for best squishable. Look at this image of perfection.

thank you for loving jumpkin

• Locked thread