Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I've been taking lessons for a bit now, and my teacher finally convinced me to let myself be recorded.
I know it's stupid, but I was nervous so I start off a bit shaky and then completely gently caress up the first high note on the "and so".

Any critique would be appreciated, even if this is mostly to have someone other than my teacher hear me sing (my friends will never hear me :ninja:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Rasselas posted:

You need to relax more. You're off-key in several places, but it follows the pattern of making mistakes at the points where you must've felt the most insecure. In the very beginning and at the refrain or something. Basically, you need more practice, that's the only thing that'll help.

Whoever made you record this is doing you good. You need to record so often that you don't get nervous about it anymore. For me, recording has been infinitely important for improvement. You can track what you're doing wrong and also just get used to it.

I'd say you just need more practice. As in, keep doing what you're doing until you've done it so many times, that you're confident and can relax.

Completely forgot to bookmark the thread, just saw your response.

Thanks for the comments. Now I'm left wondering whether I'm usually better and I was just nervous for the recording, or if I'm a regular mess :v:

I'll try and see about recording more often, I'll see if that helps.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Could you guys recommend a good mic I can use with my pc? I want to follow Rasselas's recommendation and start recording myself more often so I can actually use them for improving instead of sounding unsure.

Any critiques/tips on my singing (panicked sounding as it is :v:) would be appreciated; Rasselas already commented but every bit helps.

I started taking lessons on a whim, but I'unsure as gently caress when it comes to me singing. I'm... not sure if my voice is outright bad, if I'm just lacking practise or if I'm trying to sing way outside of my range and kneecapping myself.

• Locked thread