Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Bedevere
Nov 5, 2009
Okay. I'll do it. I've uploaded two files to Soundcloud.

Link:
https://soundcloud.com/raceperson

Both are unfiltered mic->inteface->DAW, no effects, acapella dangles sung from memory.

Please forgive the complete lack of editing. Well, that's not true, I took some dead air out and moved some things together.
I want to completely obliterate nasal tones. Beyond that, I always am trying to increase range, right now I am working towards being able to bang out high register notes without so much punch, I would love some help on that.
Intonation, as always, needs work.

Any critique is appreciated! Thank you, for taking a minute.

Free youtube people really, REALLY know their poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5hS7eukUbQ

lilljonas posted:

This might be a stupid question, but how do singers who live in apartments practice? Or rather, where?

I live in an apartment, and sounds carry quite easily in it. I practice with my electric guitar without a problem, since I can use headphones. Now I signed up for a beginner's singing course, but I have no idea how I can rehearse without pissing off my neighbours. Especially since I have a long commute and can usually only find time for practice late in the evenings. Any good ideas?

That is awful! I am constantly worrying about making too much noise, I loving boom when I'm going. I would suggest checking this guy's 4 part warm up, focus on lip-rolling, get it RIGHT! You should feel it after 30 seconds of constant action, somewhere deep on the core. Way quieter, and you get so much power boost from it it is rediculous. I'm not associated with this dude or anything, I just know when I hear good advice, and this man is the loving bomb when it comes to free vocal coaching.

I did the warm ups until they were a piece of cake, then started singing my songs full lip-roll. I would wager it would wear a lot of people out.

He deserves a shout out, this man Eric Arceneaux. For sharing this knowledge.

Finger Wagon posted:

Mind you, I can very clearly remember matching and harmonizing with the hum of the engine on my hour-long bus rides to and from elementary school, so it is very possible I'm just a huge drat weirdo who should be ignored.

Heh, I remember doing the same thing!

Sir Bedevere fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Bedevere
Nov 5, 2009
No problem, Newt King.
Glad to share.

• Locked thread