Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Okay no seriously, I need some serious help.

Back a few years, I was the lead singer of an 80's hair metal cover band, and plus, a lead in some community musical production, no biggie, etc.

Back then, I could sing stuff like Journey, the rest of that, without much of a problem, but since joining the Navy and the rest of that, I can still SING the stuff, it's just that my vocal chords wear out and start hurting WAY faster than they used to do, and now, I rarely even do any high-flying songs like, say, Bon Jovi (AKA: The songs that I really love doing) without my voice cracking, barely being able to hit the notes, and my internal "GODDAMMIT YOU ARE poo poo GO INTO A CORNER" instincts starting up.

I'd really like to get back into hitting those awesome high notes and such, and I don't know if it's just lack of practice that's making my voice die or if I am doing something wrong with preparation or somesuch.

Advice?

Edit: Although on the upside, I can apparently do a loving amazing job at Bruce Springsteen's Born To Run. Protip: It requires you to have both a whole shitload of energy and to have that edge of desperation in your voice.

fishception fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jul 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Well, ironically, I wrote a song in the style of hair metal/80's metal during one of our deployments called Flesh Torpedo, that's probably better sung in a Baritone.

90% of it is just straight sexual innuendo.

It compares fat chicks to carriers and skinny chicks to frigates.

• Locked thread