Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
While this might be a very stupid question, I need some help. I quit singing last autumn due to money issues, but I'm thinking about starting again. I was getting taught to sing opera, specifically bass because my voice is deep as gently caress once I start singing so my teacher wanted me to continue with that. It got to the point where I could sing the male part of Phantom of the Opera technically good(all the right notes and such), but she kept saying that I should be more emotionally involved with the song to give it that "edge". I had to quit before I got that far, but now that I've got a steady income I'm going to start again soon. Any tips on how to completely let go and give singing that emotional edge? Note that I was 18 when I started and had just become 19 when I quit. I had no prior experience with singing, playing music or acting before that so I think it was mostly about me being insecure about my abilities. I know that there's no proper way to let go of your emotions, but any tips or recommendations would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

RandomCheese posted:

If you have an iOS device there is a great app called Erol Singer's Studio which has a ton of great vocal exercises as well as real-time pitch tracking so you can tell how close to each note you get as well as being able to see how you approach each note (ie slide up into pitch as opposed to entering it dead-on), it has been a really valuable resource for me and I have noticed improvement even after only using the app for a few days.

:stare: That's just what I needed. Thank you for linking this!

• Locked thread